Maj. Gen. Terrence Feehan is Director of Strategic Plans and Requirements, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado. He is responsible for developing strategy, doctrine and policy for the command’s space and cyberspace operations; defining the future of space and cyberspace systems through requirements definition, mission area architecting, and science and technology development and insertion in support of the joint warfighter, Department of Defense, civil, and national users. The General also manages the command’s international relations and foreign disclosure programs. Mission areas include missile warning/defense, military satellite communications, cyber warfare network operations, precision navigation and timing, space control, space protection, and launch and range.
General Feehan received his commission as a distinguished graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1984. He has previously commanded at the squadron, group, wing and numbered air force levels, and has served as an engineer, acquisition program manager and inspector general. The general has also held assignments at the major command and headquarters Air Force levels, and he was a Secretary of Defense Fellow, Accenture Corporation, Northbrook, Ill.
1984 Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo., distinguished graduate
1988 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., distinguished graduate
1989 Master of Science in Engineering Management, West Coast University, Calif.
1994 Program Managers Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1995 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Air War College, by seminar
2001 Secretary of Defense Fellow, Accenture, Northbrook, Ill.
2005 Joint Professional Military Education, Phase II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2007 Leadership for a Democratic Society, Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
2009 Capstone General and Flag Officer Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. June 1984 - June 1986, Project Manager ICBM Test Range, 6595th Test Group, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2. June 1986 - August 1989, Flight-test Manager, Peacekeeper ICBM, 6595th Test Group, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
3. August 1989 - October 1991, Lead Structures Engineer, Tri-Service Standoff Attack Missile System Program Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. October 1991 - May 1992, Executive Officer, Tri-Service Standoff Attack Missile System Program Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. May 1992 - January 1994, Action Officer, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. January 1994 - August 1994, Student, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
7. August 1994 - June 1995, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 1995 - July 1998, Chief, Acquisition Oversight and Policy, Secretary of the Air Force, Office of the Inspector General, Washington, D.C.
9. July 1998 - June 2000, Commander, 338th Training Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss.
10. June 2000 - June 2001, Secretary of Defense Corporate Fellow, Accenture, Northbrook, Ill.
11. June 2001 - September 2002, Commander, 88th Support Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. October 2002 - March 2003, Commander, 88th Mission Support Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. March 2003 - June 2005, Materiel Wing Director, F-15 Eagle System Program Office, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
14. July 2005 - July 2006, Commander, 377th Air Base Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
15. July 2006 - April 2008, Commander, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
16. April 2008 - June 2009, Vice Commander, Electronic Systems Center, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
17. June 2009 - August 2012, Program Executive, Programs and Integration, Missile Defense Agency, Huntsville, Ala.
18. August 2012 - June 2014, Vice Commander, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
19. June 2014 - present, Director of Strategic Plans and Requirements, Peterson AFB, Colo.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2009 - August 2012, Program Executive for Programs and Integration, Ballistic Missile Defense System, Missile Defense Agency, Huntsville, Ala., as a brigadier and major general
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 30, 1984
First Lieutenant May 30, 1986
Captain May 30, 1988
Major Oct, 1, 1994
Lieutenant Colonel Jan. 1, 1998
Colonel April 1, 2001
Brigadier General Sept. 2, 2008
Major General Oct. 7, 2011
(Current as of June 2015)