Carolyn J. Lee, a Senior Level executive, is the Senior Adviser, Plans and Integration Directorate, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. In this capacity she fulfills the Chief Information Officer functional responsibilities of the Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, to include enterprise-wide human resource information technology sustainment, development and modernization.
Ms. Lee has a broad base of experience in technical and functional areas at organizational levels ranging from base-level operations through major command and the Air Staff. Previous assignments garnered technical expertise in intelligence, space track, acquisition, command and control, and deployed communications and systems support for military operations in the Balkans and Iraq. She also served as a U.S. representative to the NATO subcommittee on next-generation air command and control system.
1990 Bachelor of Science degree in computer information systems, Chapman University, Orange, Calif.
1996 Master of Science degree in international relations, Troy State University, Ala.
1999 Master of Arts degree in national security and strategic studies, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
1. October 1976 - October 1980, Air Force enlisted, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
2. January 1981 - June 1983, data specialist, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth, Texas
3. January 1984 - May 1987, programmer, Personnel Data System-Civilian, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
4. May 1987 - May 1991, Chief, Software Development, Space and Warning Systems Center, Peterson AFB, Colo.
5. May 1991 - August 1993, Chief, Systems and Training, Contracting Directorate, Special Operations Research, Development and Acquisition Center, U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
6. August 1993 - July 1997, Chief, Command and Control Systems Engineering, Computer Systems Squadron, U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
7. July 1997 - August 1998, Chief, Programs and Systems, Intelligence Directorate, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
8. August 1998 - June 1999, student, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
9. June 1999 - January 2002, technical adviser, Deputy Assistant Secretary (Contracting), Assistant Secretary (Acquisition), the Pentagon, Washington, D.C. 10. January 2002 - November 2003, Chief, Functional Support Division/Deputy Chief Information Officer, Directorate of Communications and Information, Headquarters USAFE, Ramstein AB, Germany
11. December 2003 - January 2005, Chief, Contracting Business Systems Division, Deputy Assistant Secretary (Contracting), Assistant Secretary (Acquisition), the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. January 2005 - May 2006, Director, Air Force Contracting Information Systems Program Office, Headquarters 754th Electronic Systems Group, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
13. May 2006 - March 2009, Chief, Systems Planning and Integration Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. March 2009 - present, Senior Adviser, Plans and Integration Directorate, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services (A1), Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Air Force Commendation Medal
1995 Air Force Command, Control, Communications and Computers Professional of the Year
1996 Award for Excellence in Information Technology, Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
1987-present Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (former board member)
1993 Certified Acquisition Professional, Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act
1994 Software Engineer, Air Force Institute of Technology
2006 Certified Program Manager, Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act
(Current as of January 2011)