Dr. Todd A. Fore, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He serves as principal assistant to the Air Force Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services. He is responsible for comprehensive plans and policies covering all life cycles of military and civilian personnel management, including military end strength and civilian work-year execution, education and training, compensation and resource allocation and the delivery of fully-qualified, ready Airmen for the joint warfighter while also meeting all the needs of our Airmen and their families. He oversees the execution and programming of the Manpower, Personnel and Services portfolio with an annual $40.9 billion personnel budget for 660,000 military and civilian total force Airmen. As Chair of the Civilian Force Development Panel, he plans, directs and evaluates programs to ensure a qualified, productive and well-maintained work force of over 180,000 civilian employees.
Dr. Fore entered federal civil service in 1989 as an intern at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas. He has served in a variety of assignments at base, major command and Air Staff levels. These include aircraft maintenance training administrator, command mission planner, and technical training programming and administration division chief. In December 2008, Dr. Fore became Deputy Director of Force Management Policy in the office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower and Personnel and shortly after became the Executive Director of Air Force Personnel Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. Prior to assuming his current position, Dr. Fore served as Director, Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. Additionally, Dr. Fore periodically serves as adjunct faculty in graduate and undergraduate programs.
1987 Bachelor of Science degree in political science and communication (with Texas secondary education certification), Texas Christian University, Fort Worth
1992 Master of Arts degree in political science/public administration, Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, Texas
1994 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1995 Management Development Seminar, Office of Personnel Management, Shepherdstown, W.Va.
1998 Doctor of Philosophy degree in applied technology, training and employee development - human resource management, University of North Texas, Denton
1999 Air Force Civilian Personnel Management and Supervisor Development Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2000 Labor-Management Relations, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Master of Arts degree in strategic studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air Force GS-15 Leadership Seminar, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Air Force Senior Leadership Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2005 Department of Defense Excellence in Government Fellows Program, Washington, D.C.
2006 Performance Management for Managers and Supervisors, Washington, D.C.
2007 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina
2008 Business Acumen for High-Potential Leaders Seminar, University of Michigan
2009 Air Force Senior Executive Warfighter Perspective Seminar, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Army Senior Executive Education Course, University of North Carolina
2010 APEX 31 Department of Defense Senior Executive Service Orientation Program, Washington, D.C.
2011 Department of Defense Vanguard Senior Executive Orientation Pilot Program, Washington, D.C.
2013 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Washington, D.C.
1. June 1989 - June 1990, Air Force Palace Acquire Intern, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. July 1990 - June 1994, Communication Instructor, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. July 1994 - November 1995, Self-inspection Manager, Sheppard AFB, Texas
4. December 1995 - July 1997, Aircraft Maintenance Training Evaluator, Sheppard AFB, Texas
5. August 1997 - August 1998, Major Command Policy Administrator, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
6. September 1998 - July 1999, Command Mission Planner, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. August 1999 - June 2000, Aircraft Maintenance Training Administrator, Sheppard AFB, Texas
8. July 2000 - May 2001, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. June 2001 - August 2003, Deputy Chief, Technical Training Division, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
10 September 2003 - March 2006, Division Chief, Technical Training Programming and Administration Division, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
11. April 2006 - November 2007, Division Chief, Training and Education Requirements and Resources Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower and Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12 December 2007 - October 2008, Deputy Director, Force Development, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower and Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
13 November 2008 - December 2009, Deputy Director, Force Management Policy, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower and Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
14. December 2009 – February 2014, Executive Director, Air Force Personnel Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
15. February 2014 – October 2016, Director, Manpower Personnel and Services, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
1995 and 1996 Exemplary Civilian Service Award
1999, 2000, 2006 and 2010 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2008 and 2014 Exceptional Civilian Service Award
2016 Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
2016 Presidential Rank Award, Meritorious Executive
Senior Executive Association
Air War College Alumni Association
Sigma Nu Alumni Association
(Current as of November 2016)