Maj. Gen. Jane C. Rohr is the mobilization assistant to the Commander, Air Force Space Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado.
General Rohr entered the Air Force in 1980 through Officer Training School. Her active-duty assignments include a tour as tester/trainer at the Precision Acquisition Vehicle Entry Phased Array Warning System early missile warning site at Beale AFB, California, and an intercontinental ballistic missile acquisition officer at the Ballistic Missile Office, Norton AFB, California. As a Reservist, General Rohr served in the Information Systems Security Office at the Defense Information Systems Agency; as the division chief, Military Satellite Communications, Headquarters Joint Forces Command; and as an adviser to the Chief of Space Force Enhancement at the Pentagon.
General Rohr was the first Vice Commander of the Military Satellite Communications Systems Wing at Los Angeles AFB, California. She has also served as the senior individual mobilization augmentee to the Commander of the 50th Space Wing at Schriever AFB, Colorado, as the mobilization assistant to the Director of Communications and Information, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colorado, and as the mobilization assistant to the Commander, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles AFB. Prior to her current assignment, General Rohr was the mobilization assistant to the Commander, 14th Air Force, Vandenberg AFB, California.
1978 Bachelor of Arts degree in chemistry, University of Tennessee
1985 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1987 Master of Science degree in systems management, University of Southern California
1995 Air Command and Staff College, by seminar
2002 Air War College, by seminar
2004 Master's degree in strategic studies, Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
1. October 1980 - March 1982, computer specialist on F-15 simulator, Robins AFB, Ga.
2. March 1982 - June 1985, Early Missile Warning Project Manager, Beale AFB, Calif.
3. June 1985 - September 1989, Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Systems Management Division Chief, Ballistic Missile Office, Norton AFB, Calif.
4. September 1989 - September 1998, Global Command and Control System Program Management Office, Defense Information Systems Agency, Reston, Va.
5. September 1998 - December 2002, Chief, Military Satellite Communications Division, Headquarters Joint Forces Command, Norfolk, Va.
6. December 2002 - June 2004, senior adviser to the Chief, Space Force Enhancement, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
7. June 2004 - December 2006, Vice Commander, Military Satellite Communications Systems Wing, and individual mobilization augmentee to the Commander, Military Satellite Communications Systems Wing, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
8. December 2006 - November 2007, individual mobilization augmentee to the Commander, 50th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colo.
9. November 2007 - April 2008, mobilization assistant to the Director, Installations and Logistics Directorate, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
10. April 2008 - March 2010, mobilization assistant to the Commander, Space and Missile Systems Center, Air Force Space Command, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
11. March 2010 - February 2012, mobilization assistant to the Commander, 14th Air Force, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
12. February 2012 - present, mobilization assistant to the Commander, Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Oct. 1, 1980
First Lieutenant Oct. 1, 1982
Captain Oct. 1, 1984
Major Oct. 1, 1994
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 29, 2000
Colonel May 1, 2004
Brigadier General Feb. 2, 2010
Major General Feb. 15, 2013
(Current as of May 2016)