Maj. Gen. Patricia A. Rose is the Mobilization Assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. She supports the Deputy Chief of Staff in leadership, management and integration of Air Force logistics readiness, aircraft and missile maintenance, civil engineering and security forces, as well as setting policy and preparing budget estimates that reflect enhancements to productivity, combat readiness and quality of life for Air Force members.
General Rose entered the Air Force through Officer Training School in 1984. Her more notable assignments include Mobilization Assistant to the Director for Logistics, Engineering, and Security Assistance, U.S. Pacific Command and Mission Director for the U.S. Central Command Deployment and Distribution Operations Center in Southwest Asia, where she directed joint logistics for operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.
1983 Bachelor of Arts degree in Humanities, Providence College, R.I.
1988 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1989 Master of Science degree in education, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston
2000 NATO Reserve Officer's Course, NATO Defense College, Rome, Italy
2001 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2002 Air War College, by correspondence
2003 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2007 Strategy and Operations Course, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2009 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2011 System Acquisition Management Course, Defense Acquisition University, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2011 Senior Executives in National and International Security, Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, Mass.
2012 Nuclear 400, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2012 Air Force Smart Operations (AFSO21), University of Tennessee, Knoxville
2012 Pentagon Media Training, Washington, D.C.
1. April 1984 - September 1984, Student, Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Chanute Technical Training Center, Rantoul, Ill.
2. September 1984 - December 1986, Aircraft Maintenance Officer, Plattsburgh AFB, N.Y.
3. January 1987 - January 1991, Instructor, Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Chanute Technical Training Center, Rantoul, Ill.
4. January 1991 - June 1992, Air Terminal Operations Center Duty Officer, Norton AFB, Calif.
5. June 1992 - December 1993, Quality/Transportation Officer, Norton and March AFBs, Calif.
6. January 1994 - November 1995, Air Transportation Officer, 86th Aerial Port Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
7. December 1995 - June 1996, Executive Officer, 86th Aerial Port Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
8. June 1996 - July 1998, Operations Officer, 36th Aerial Port Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
9. July 1998 - February 2003, Commander, 36th Aerial Port Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
10. February 2003 - March 2004, Deputy Commander, 446th Mission Support Group, McChord AFB, Wash.
11. March 2004 - November 2005, Chief, Logistics Resources Branch, Logistics Directorate, Headquarters 4th Air Force, March Air Reserve Base, Calif.
12. November 2005 - December 2007, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Director, Global Channel Operations, Tanker Airlift Control Center, Scott AFB, Ill. (May 2007 - September 2007, Mission Director, CENTCOM Deployment and Distribution Operations Center, Southwest Asia)
13. January 2008 - March 2010, Mobilization Assistant to the Director for Logistics, Engineering and Security Assistance, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp Smith, Hawaii
14. March 2010 - April 2012, Mobilization Assistant to the Director for Logistics and Sustainment, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. April 2012 - April 2015, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio (December 2014 - April 2015, Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright- Patterson AFB, Ohio)
16. April 2015 - present, Mobilization Assistant to the Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. May 2007 - September 2007, Mission Director, CENTCOM Deployment and Distribution Operations Center, Southwest Asia, as a colonel
2. January 2008 - March 2010, Mobilization Assistant to the Director for Logistics, Engineering and Security Assistance, U.S. Pacific Command, Camp Smith, Hawaii, as a colonel and brigadier general
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Air Force Longevity Service Award with four oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with hourglass
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 13,1984
First Lieutenant April 13, 1986
Captain April 13, 1988
Major March 8, 1996
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 29, 2000
Colonel May 1, 2004
Brigadier General Feb. 2, 2010
Major General April 21, 2013
(Current as of July 2015)