Angie L. Tymofichuk, a Member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Logistics and Product Support, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Virginia. She is responsible for enterprise oversight of product support, supply chain management, materiel maintenance and support functions required throughout the life cycle of weapon systems. In addition, she is the Functional Advocate for Product Support Managers and influences logistics and product support resource decisions with a focus on ensuring weapon system sustainment levels meet warfighter requirements.
Ms. Tymofichuk began her career in 1990 as a Palace Acquire Intern at the Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, where she worked as a physicist in the materials and manufacturing directorate. She completed assignments in two other AFRL directorates before transitioning to test and evaluation in the Airborne Laser Program Office, Air Force Materiel Command staff and then in the Office of the Secretary of Defense with the Test Resource Management Center. Upon returning to the Air Force, Ms. Tymofichuk was assigned as Chief of the Engineering and Technical Management Office, 84th Combat Sustainment Wing, followed by the 309th Maintenance Wing, and she was later promoted to Director of Engineering for the Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah. Upon standup of the Air Force Sustainment Center, she served at Tinker AFB, Oklahoma, as the inaugural Director of Engineering where she was the Commander's Principal Advisor on all technical information and policy for science and engineering activities and technical data compliance. In 2014, she returned to Layton, Utah, as a consultant focused primarily on sustainment innovation prior to her return to the U.S. Air Force in 2019.
1990 Bachelor of Science, Physics and Mathematics, Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights
1993 Master of Science, Optical Science, University of Arizona, Tucson
2005 Master of Science, National Resource Management, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. November 1990-December 1994, Research Physicist, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
2. January 1995-January 1997, Plans and Programs Engineer, AFRL, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. January 1997-February 1998, Staff Scientist to the Chief Scientist for Space Vehicles, AFRL, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
4. February 1998-September 1998, Optical Components Technical Area Manager, Directed Energy Directorate, AFRL, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
5. September 1998-October 2001, Test Engineer, Airborne Laser System Program Office, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
6. October 2001-October 2002, Acquisition Program Manager, Fighter Bomber SPO, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. October 2002-August 2004, Resource Manager and Test Engineer, Air, Space and Information Operations Directorate, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. August 2004-June 2005, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
9. June 2005-September 2005, Operations Research Analyst, Air Force Studies and Analyses Agency, Rosslyn, Va.
10. October 2005-May 2007, Senior Analyst, Test Resource Management Center, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
11. May 2007-January 2009, Director of Engineering, 84th Combat Sustainment Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
12. January 2009-January 2010, Chief of Engineering and Technical Management, 309th Maintenance Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
13. January 2010-August 2012, Director of Engineering, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
14. August 2012–July 2014, Director of Engineering and Technical Management, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
15. July 2014–June 2019, Consultant, Private Industry, Layton, Utah
16. June 2019–present, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Logistics and Product Support, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1994 Certificate of Commendation
1995 and 1996 Notable Achievement Award
2000 Special Achievement Award, International Test and Evaluation Association
2004 Exemplary Civilian Service Award
2007 Presidential Volunteer Service Medal, Bronze Level
2007 Office of the Secretary of Defense Exceptional Civilian Service Award
2012 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2014 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
Systems, Plans, Research, Development and Engineering, Systems Engineering, Level III Systems, Plans, Research, Development and Engineering, Program Systems Engineering, Level III
Test and Evaluation, Level III
Program Management, Level II
Business, Cost Estimating and Financial Management, Level I
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Air Force Association, Member and President, Northern Utah Chapter 235
Logistics Officer Association, Member
International Test and Evaluation Association, Member
Society for the Advancement of Materials and Process Engineers, Member and former member of the Utah Board
(Current as of October 2019)