Robert H. Chase Jr., a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Director of Operations, Interagency Action Group, U.S. Central Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.
Mr. Chase enlisted in the Marine Corps in 1973 and served in a variety of leadership positions, attaining the rank of staff sergeant prior to his acceptance in the enlisted commissioning program. He was commissioned as an honor graduate from The Basic School, Quantico, Va., in July 1980. His assignments include platoon and company commander, operations officer and instructor. Mr. Chase also served as Maneuver Director of the Tactical Exercise and Evaluation Control Group at the Marine Corps Air-Ground Combat Center, Twentynine Palms, Calif. He has been the Commanding Officer of the 2nd Recruit Training Battalion, Parris Island, S.C., and Marine Corps Officer Candidates School, Quantico, Va.
Mr. Chase served for more than a year as an observer for the United Nations Truce Supervision Organization in the Golan Heights, Israel, and deployed as the senior liaison officer for Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa, serving at the U.S. Central Command Forward Headquarters in Southwest Asia. He also served with the 2nd Marine Division directing combat operations in Iraq in 2005. Mr. Chase retired in October 2008 as the Division Chief for Joint Experimentation, Transformation and Concept Development on the Joint Staff. Prior to his current assignment, he was a futures analyst at U.S. Special Operations Command. He was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2009.
1980 Associate of Science degree in management, Hawaii Pacific College, Honolulu
1987 Bachelor of Arts degree in public administration, Upper Iowa University, Fayette
1989 Master of Arts degree in humanities, California State University
1990 Amphibious Warfare School, with honors, Quantico, Va.
1995 Marine Corps Command and Staff College, with honors, Quantico, Va.
2002 Distinguished graduate, Master of Science degree in strategy and policy, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
1. 1973 - 1980, enlisted Marine
2. 1981 - 1984, platoon commander and company executive officer, 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
3. 1984 - 1987, operations officer, Military Entrance Processing Station, Richmond, Va.
4. 1987 - 1990, inspector and instructor, Company F, 2nd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment, New Rochelle, N.Y.
5. 1990 - 1992, Commander, Company I, 3rd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, Twentynine Palms, Calif.
6. 1992 - 1995, operations officer, later, Maneuver Director, Tactical Exercise and Evaluation Control Group, Marine Corps Air-Ground Combat Center, Twentynine Palms, Calif.
7. 1995 - 1995, student, Marine Corps Command and Staff College, Quantico, Va.
8. 1995 - 1996, United Nations observer, United Nations Truce Supervision Organization, Golan Heights, Israel
9. 1996 - 1999, Company Commander and Chief Instructor, The Basic School, Quantico, Va.
10. 1999 - 2001, Commanding Officer, 2nd Recruit Training Battalion, Parris Island, S.C.
11. 2001 - 2002, student, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
12. 2002 - 2003, senior liaison officer, Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa, U.S. Central Command Forward Headquarters, Southwest Asia
13. 2003 - 2005, operations officer (G3), 2nd Marine Division, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
14. 2005 - 2007, Commanding Officer, Marine Corps Officer Candidates School, Quantico, Va.
15. 2007 - 2008, Division Chief, Joint Experimentation, Transformation and Concept Development (J7), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
16. 2008 - 2009, futures analyst, Jacobs Technologies, Inc., U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
17. September 2009 - present, Deputy Director of Operations, Interagency Action Group, U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with star
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with star
Marine Good Conduct Medal with star
(Current as of October 2011)