Randall J. McFadden, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director, Acquisition Management and Integration Center, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley Air Force Base, Virginia. He is responsible for a total acquisition portfolio of more than $15 billion. He is the ACC senior business and technical manager of all services acquisitions for major operations and maintenance programs, command Advisory and Assistance Services, and command strategic sourcing. Leadership responsibilities include cradle-to-grave acquisition, program management and operations of weapon systems in support of Predator/Reaper unmanned aircraft system maintenance, and War Reserve Materiel. Other program responsibilities include Counter Narcotic & Global Threats Program Office; Mobile Air Surveillance System; Counterdrug Forward Operating Locations; Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance; North Warning System; Precision Measurement and Equipment Laboratories; Aerial Targets; Nellis Backshop and other multi-functional programs.
Mr. McFadden was born in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, and enlisted in the Air Force in 1980. In 1982, Mr. McFadden was selected for the Airman Education and Commissioning Program. He graduated from the University of Pittsburgh and was commissioned as a distinguished graduate of Officer Training School. He held a variety of engineering assignments before leaving active duty in 1992 when he began his federal career, holding a variety of leadership positions in engineering, logistics and acquisition. In February 2007, Mr. McFadden assumed his current position. He was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in January 2010.
1982 Associate of Arts Degree, Georgia Military College, Milledgeville GA
1984 Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, University of Pittsburgh PA
1996 Master of Engineering Management Degree, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2001 Master of Science Degree in National Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2003 Leadership for a Democratic Society, Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville VA
2004 Air Force Senior Leadership Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro NC
2004 Defense Leadership and Management Program
2007 Executive Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Keenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2009 Fellows Program, Seminar XXI, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
1. May 1981 - July 1982, Contract Planner and Programmer, 351st Civil Engineering Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
2. Aug. 1982 - May 1985, Student, University of Pittsburgh, Penn.
3. May 1985 - Oct. 1985, Design Engineer, 23rd Civil Engineering Squadron, England AFB, La.
4. Nov. 1985 - May 1986, Chief, Contract Management, 23rd Civil Engineering Squadron, England AFB, La.
5. June 1986 - May 1987, Chief, Engineering Logistics, 23rd Civil Engineering Squadron, England AFB La.
6. June 1987 - June 1988, Deputy Chief of Operations and Maintenance, 23rd Civil Engineering Squadron, England AFB La.
7. June 1988 - Sept. 1992, Chief Facilities Engineer, Bi-National North Warning System Office, Detachment 1, 4700th Operations Support Squadron, National Defense Headquarters, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
8. Sept. 1992 - Feb. 1995, Chief, Engineering, 4700th Operations Support Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
9. Feb 1995 - Aug 1996, Deputy Commander, Contract Programs Squadron, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
10. Aug 1996 - June 2000, Director, Program Management Squadron, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB Va.
11. July 2000 - July 2002, Deputy Chief, Combat Support Division, and Special Assistant to Director of Resources, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters United States Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. July 2002 - Jan. 2007, Director, Program Management Squadron, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
13. Feb 2007 - present, Director, Acquisition Management and Integration Center, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Good Conduct Medal
Civilian Meritorious Service Medal Civilian Exemplary Service Medal
Honor Graduate, Basic Military Training
Distinguished Graduate, Engineering Assistance Technical School
Distinguished Graduate, Officer Training School
Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School
Who's Who Among Government and Industry, Metropolitan Executive Institute
Outstanding Peer Instructor, Program Managers’ Course, Defense Acquisition University, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2001 Research and Writing Excellence Award, National Contract Management Association
1997 Masters Certificate, Government Contracting, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
1998 Masters Certificate, Program Management, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2005 Program Management, Level III, Defense Acquisition University
(Current as of August 2016)