Selected for reassignment as Principal Deputy, Civilian Personnel Policy, Office of the Undersecretary of Defense, Personnel & Readiness, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
Paige Hinkle-Bowles, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Director of Force Management Policy, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. She is responsible for establishing force management policies for more than 675,000 Air Force military and civilian personnel. These policies guide the accession, assignment, evaluation, skills analysis and management, promotion, readiness, retraining, separation and retirement of the Air Force's human capital. Her office also oversees aspects of Total Force management to include contingency, mobilization, training management and rated force policy.
Ms. Hinkle-Bowles entered federal civil service in 1989 as a Strategic Air Command intern at Grand Forks Air Force Base, N.D. She has held a variety of positions throughout the Air Force and Department of Defense, to include serving as a branch chief at the Air Force Personnel Center and Director of the Regional Personnel Center for U.S. Air Forces in Europe. She has also served as Civilian Personnel Officer at Royal Air Force Mildenhall, England, and Deputy Director for Human Resources in the DOD Program Executive Office, National Security Personnel System. Prior to her current assignment, she was assigned to the Air Staff as Director of the Air Force Senior Executive Management Office.
1989 Bachelor of Science degree in journalism, Texas A&M University, College Station
1993 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1996 Master of Arts degree in political science and public administration, Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, Texas
1999 Alamo Federal Executive Board Leadership Program, San Antonio, Texas
2000 Advanced Personnel Officer Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Civilian Personnel Flight Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Senior Executive Fellows Program, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2008 Senior Leadership Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2009 Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century Executive Leadership Course, Disney Institute, Orlando, Fla.
1. July 1989 - February 1991, equal employment and staffing specialist, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
2. February 1991 - July 1993, equal employment and staffing specialist, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
3. July 1993 - February 1995, equal employment and staffing specialist, Sheppard AFB, Texas
4. February 1995 - February 1996, employee relations specialist, Sheppard AFB, Texas
5. February 1996 - December 1997, personnel management specialist, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
6. December 1997 - November 2000, Supervisory Personnel Staffing Specialist, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
7. November 2000 - January 2003, Director, Regional Personnel Center, USAFE, Sembach Air Base, Germany.
8. January 2003 - March 2004, Civilian Personnel Officer, RAF Mildenhall, England
9. March 2004 - August 2005, Human Resources Specialist, Air Force National Security Personnel System Project Office, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
10. August 2005 - July 2007, Deputy to the Director, Human Resources Systems, Program Executive Office, National Security Personnel System, Department of Defense, Washington, D.C.
11. July 2007 - January 2010, Director, Air Force Senior Executive Management, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. January 2010 - present, Deputy Director, Force Management Policy, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1992 Civilian of the Quarter, Mission Support Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
1993 and 1997 Letter/Certificate of Commendation
1993 Special Act or Service Award
1996 Notable Achievement Award
1999 Finalist, Federal Employee of the Year, Supervisory Category, Alamo Federal Executive Board
2003 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2003 Air Force Outstanding Civilian Personnel Senior Program Manager
2004 Exemplary Civilian Service Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records
(Current as of June 2011)