Gail M. Jorgenson, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director, Acquisition, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill. She is responsible for all matters related to the program management and acquisition of common-user transportation services, transportation-related services, and information technology support for USTRANSCOM's global transportation mission and the distribution process mission. She provides acquisition support for more than $7.3 billion in transportation services.
Mrs. Jorgenson earned a bachelor's degree in business education and master's degrees in procurement and acquisition management as well as national resource strategy. She has a broad base of acquisition experience gained through a variety of positions with the Department of Agriculture, Coast Guard, Defense Mapping Agency and Air Mobility Command. She joined USTRANSCOM in 1993 as Acquisition Manager. Mrs. Jorgenson was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in January 2010.
1983 Bachelor's degree in business education, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville
1995 Master's degree in procurement and acquisition management, Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
1997 Air War College, by seminar
2000 Master's degree in national resource strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, For Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2000 Senior Acquisition Course, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C
2005 Senior Executive Fellows Program, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. 1980 - 1981, procurement assistant, Farmers Home Administration, U.S. Department of Agriculture, St. Louis, Mo.
2. 1981 - 1982, Chief, Small Purchases Branch, Headquarters U.S. Coast Guard Second District, St. Louis, Mo.
3. 1982 - 1987, contracting officer and team leader, Defense Mapping Agency Aerospace Center, St. Louis, Mo.
4. 1987 - 1993, contracting officer and procurement analyst, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
5. 1993 - 2002, Acquisition Manager, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
6. 2002 - 2008, acting Director, Acquisition, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
7. 2008 - 2010, Deputy Director, Acquisition, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. 2010 - 2011, Deputy Director and Program Executive Officer, Acquisition, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
9. 2011 - present, Director, Acquisition, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
National Contract Management Association
National Contract Management Association, Certified Professional Contract Manager
Contracting Level III, Acquisition Professional Development Program
Program Management, Level III, Acquisition Professional Development Program
(Current as of September 2011)