Lawrence S. Kingsley, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Executive Director, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado. The command is comprised of approximately 30,000 space professionals worldwide. He assists the commander in organizing, training and equipping mission-ready forces; and acquiring and delivering space capabilities for North American Aerospace Defense Command, U.S. Strategic Command and the other functional and geographic combatant commands with missile warning, positioning, navigation and timing and communications. The command manages a global network of satellite command and control, communications, missile warning and space launch facilities and is responsible for space system development and acquisition. As the command’s senior civilian, Mr. Kingsley also advises the commander on development of the more than 7,500 civilians in the workforce, as well as labor relations.
Mr. Kingsley began his career in 1978 as a Minuteman II combat crew member at Whiteman Air Force Base, Missouri. He then transitioned to his logistics career as a distinguished graduate from the Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course in 1983. Mr. Kingsley subsequently served in ten major commands. Throughout his career, he has held positions in missile operations, aircraft maintenance, munitions, logistics plans, installation support, supply chain management and acquisition. While on active duty, Mr. Kingsley had the distinction of being a commander of six different training, logistics and maintenance units. Prior to his current assignment, he was the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Logistics.
1977 Bachelor of Arts degree, Political Science, Utah State University, Logan
1983 Master's degree, Political Science, Central Missouri State University, Warrensburg
1984 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1995 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1996 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Master of Business Administration, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
1. 1978 - 1982, Combat Crew Commander, 510th Strategic Missile Squadron, Whiteman Air Force Base, Mo.
2. 1982 - 1983, Student, Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
3. 1983 - 1985, Aircraft Maintenance Officer, 41st Consolidated Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, McClellan AFB, Calif.
4. 1985 - 1988, Chief, Maintenance Operations, 21st Tactical Fighter Wing, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
5. 1988 - 1990, Commander, 343rd Component Repair Squadron, Eielson AFB, Alaska
6. 1990 - 1991, Commander, 343rd Aircraft Generation Squadron, Eielson AFB, Alaska
7. 1991 - 1992, Operations Officer, 649th Munitions Maintenance and Test Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
8. 1992 - 1994, Chief, Armament Operations, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Utah
9. 1994 - 1994, Commander, 39th Logistics Support Squadron, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
10. 1994 - 1995, Deputy Commander, 39th Support Group, Incirlik AB, Turkey
11. 1995 - 1998, Chief, Aircraft Maintenance, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
12. 1998 - 2000, Commander, 654th Combat Logistics Support Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
13. 2000 - 2001, Deputy Commander, 3rd Logistics Group, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
14. 2001 - 2002, Commander, 39th Logistics Group, Incirlik AB, Turkey
15. 2002 - 2003, Commander, 39th Maintenance Group, Incirlik AB, Turkey
16. 2003 - 2006, Commander, Detachment 855, AFROTC, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
17. 2006 - 2008, Deputy Director, 542nd Combat Sustainment Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
18. 2008 - 2010, Program Manager, BAE Systems, Nashua, N.H.
19. 2010 - 2012, Deputy Director of Logistics, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
20. 2012 - 2017, Director of Logistics, Engineering, and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
21. 2017 - 2019, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Logistics and Product Support, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition and Logistics, Washington, D.C.
22. 2019 - present, Executive Director, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
1990 11th Air Force Lieutenant General Leo Marquez Maintenance Officer of the Year
MAJOR AWARDS AND HONORS
Decoration for Exceptional Civilian Service
2016 Air Force Meritorious Executive Presidential Rank Award
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Combat Readiness Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Life Cycle Logistics, Level III
Program Management, Level I
Acquisition Corps Member
Air Force Association, life member
Logistics Officer Association, life member
Military Officer Association, life member
(Current as of March 2019)