Don H. Kendrick, Civilian Senior Executive since 2010, is the Senior Financial Advisor for Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. In this position he leads the command’s financial systems development, business process integration, and Financial Improvement and Audit Remediation/Business Reform initiatives related to statutory requirements of the Chief Financial Officers Act, the Government Performance and Results Act, the Federal Financial Management Improvement Act and various National Defense Authorization acts.
Mr. Kendrick began his federal career in 1988 as a Palace Acquire intern in the Accounting and Finance Office at the Air Force Flight Test Center, Edwards AFB, California. Throughout his career his positions have included financial management specialist, supervisory accountant and financial audit manager. He has also served as a financial program manager, audit office chief, resource management division chief and audit career field manager. His 30-year career has included 15-years each in Financial Management and internal audit positions of increasing responsibility across the Air Force and Department of Defense.
1988 Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (Accountancy), California State University, Sacramento
1989 Accounting and Finance Officers School, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas.
1991 Comptroller Staff Officer School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2003 Professional Military Comptroller School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Masters of Business Administration (Management Information Technology), Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
2008 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2009 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2009 Air Force Civilian Leadership, Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
2014 Certified Information Technology Professional, American Society of Certified Public Accountants, Durham, N.C.
2014 Leading for Organizational Impact-Through the Looking Glass, Center for Creative Learning, Baltimore
1. August 1988 - August 1990, Palace Acquire Intern, Accounting and Finance Division, Comptroller Directorate, Air Force Flight Test Center, Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.
2. August 1990 - August 1991, Chief, Materiel Branch, Accounting and Finance Division, Comptroller Directorate, AFFTC, Edwards AFB, Calif.
3. August 1991 - January 1993, Chief, Accounts Payable Branch, Accounting and Finance Division, Comptroller Directorate, AFFTC, Edwards AFB, Calif.
4. February 1993 - October 1993, Chief, Accounts Payable Division, Defense Accounting Office-Edwards, Defense Finance and Accounting Service, Edwards AFB, Calif.
5. October 1993 - March 1997, Auditor, Edwards Area Audit Office, Air Force Audit Agency, Edwards AFB, Calif.
6. March 1997 - December 2001, Audit Manager, Materiel Financial Management Division, Materiel and Systems Audits Directorate, AFAA, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. December 2001 - December 2002, Program Manager, Materiel Financial Management Division, Materiel and Systems Audits Directorate, AFAA, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. December 2002 - May 2003, Program Manager, Financial Management Division, Financial and Systems Audits Directorate, AFAA, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. May 2003 - January 2006, Office Chief, Wright-Patterson Area Audit Office, Acquisition and Logistics Audits Region, AFAA, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. January 2006 - July 2008, Chief, Resource Management Division & Audit Career Field Manager, Operations Directorate, Headquarters AFAA (Secretary of the Air Force/Auditor General (SAF/AG)), Arlington, Va.
11. July 2008 - March 2010, Associate Director, Weapon System Maintenance & Security Assistance, Acquisition and Logistics Audits Directorate, AFAA, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. March 2010 - present, Senior Financial Advisor, Directorate of Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Presidential Rank Award, Meritorious Senior Professional
Meritorious Civilian Service Award
SAF/FM Special Acts and Services Award
AFMC Robert D. Stuart Award for Excellence in FM
Certified Public Accountant
Certified Internal Auditor
DoD Financial Management Certification, Level III
DAWIA Financial Management, Level III
DAWIA Program Management, Level I
(Current as of April 2019)