Don H. Kendrick, Senior Level, is the Senior Financial Advisor, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He is the primary financial advisor to the AFMC Commander and senior staff on matters pertaining to financial systems development and the Command’s Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness initiatives related to the statutory requirements of the Chief Financial Officers Act, the Government Performance and Results Act, the Federal Financial Management Improvement Act, and various National Defense Authorization Acts.
Mr. Kendrick began his federal career in 1988 as a Palace Acquire intern in the Accounting and Finance Office at the Air Force Flight Test Center, Edwards AFB, California. Throughout his career his positions have included financial management specialist, supervisory accountant and financial audit manager. He has also served as a financial program manager, audit office chief, resource management division chief and career field manager. Prior to his current assignment, he was Associate Director, Weapon System Maintenance and Security Assistance, Acquisition and Logistics Audits Directorate, Air Force Audit Agency.
1988 Bachelor of Science-Business Administration (Accountancy), California State University-Sacramento
1989 Accounting and Finance Officers School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1991 Comptroller Staff Officer School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2003 Professional Military Comptroller School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Master of Business Administration (Management Information Technology), Wright State University, Ohio
2008 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2009 Air War College, by correspondence
2009 Office of Personnel Management, Federal Executive Institute, Civilian Leadership
2014 American Society of Certified Public Accountants, Certified Information Technology Professional Body of Knowledge
2014 Center for Creative Learning, Leading for Organizational Impact-Through the Looking Glass
1. August 1988 - August 1990, Palace Acquire Intern, Accounting and Finance Division, Comptroller Directorate, Air Force Flight Test Center, Edwards AFB, Calif.
2. August 1990 - August 1991, Chief, Materiel Branch, Accounting and Finance Division, Comptroller Directorate, AFFTC, Edwards AFB, Calif.
3. August 1991 - January 1993, Chief, Accounts Payable Branch, Accounting and Finance Division, Comptroller Directorate, AFFTC, Edwards AFB, Calif.
4. February 1993 - October 1993, Chief, Accounts Payable Division, Defense Accounting Office-Edwards, Defense Finance and Accounting Service, Edwards AFB, Calif.
5. October 1993 - March 1997, Auditor, Edwards Area Audit Office, Air Force Audit Agency, Edwards AFB, Calif.
6. March 1997 - December 2001, Audit Manager, Materiel Financial Management Division, Materiel and Systems Audits Directorate, AFAA, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. December 2001 - December 2002, Program Manager, Materiel Financial Management Division, Materiel and Systems Audits Directorate, AFAA, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. December 2002 - May 2003, Program Manager, Financial Management Division, Financial and Systems Audits Directorate, AFAA, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. May 2003 - January 2006, Office Chief, Wright-Patterson Area Audit Office, Acquisition and Logistics Audits Region, AFAA, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. January 2006 – July 2008, Chief, Resource Management Division & Audit Career Field Manager, Operations Directorate, Headquarters AFAA (Secretary of the Air Force/Auditor General), Arlington, Va.
11. July 2008 – March 2010, Associate Director, Weapon System Maintenance and Security Assistance, Acquisition and Logistics Audits Directorate, AFAA, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. March 2010 – present, Senior Financial Advisor, Directorate of Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
2012 Special Acts and Services Award
2013 AFMC Robert D. Stuart Award for Excellence in Financial Management
2014 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
Certified Public Accountant
Certified Internal Auditor
Certified Acquisition Professional, Financial Management-Level III
Certified Acquisition Professional, Program Management-Level I
(Current as of September 2014)