John A. Fedrigo, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director, Air Force Review Boards Agency, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for the management and operation of multiple military and civilian appellate processes that ensure due process, equity, fairness and impartial treatment for all applicants. He oversees the Air Force Personnel Council, Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records, Air Force Civilian Appellate Review Office, Air Force Security Protection Directorate and the Department of Defense Physical Disability Board of Review.
Mr. Fedrigo has served for more than 37 years in the Air Force and Department of Defense, including multiple Air Force assignments as well as several positions with the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. Prior to his current assignment he was the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Reserve Affairs and Airman Readiness where he led the team supporting the Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve and Civil Air Patrol as well as Total Force family, health care, education, resiliency and veterans programs.
1990 Associate of Applied Science degree in industrial security, Community College of the Air Force
1995 Bachelor of Science degree in liberal arts/political science, University of the State of New York
1998 Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy, Quantico, Va.
1999 Master of Arts degree in management, Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
2005 National Security Management Course, The Maxwell School, Syracuse University, N.Y.
2011 Executive Course on National and International Security, The Elliott School, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2012 U.S. Department of Justice, FBI National Executive Institute, Quantico, Va.
2012 Leadership Decision Making, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. May 1981 - July 1984, ceremonial guardsman, U.S. Air Force Honor Guard, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
2. July 1984 - September 1988, security police controller and squad leader, 379th Security Police Squadron, Wurtsmith AFB, Mich.
3. September 1988 - September 1989, security police trainer and quality control evaluator, 7061st Munitions Support Squadron, Araxos Air Base, Greece
4. September 1989 - June 1993, Chief, Security Operations, 380th Security Police Squadron, Plattsburgh AFB, N.Y. (March 1992 - July 1992, Flight Chief, 4404th Composite Wing, Southwest Asia)
5. June 1993 - June 1996, staff officer, Air Force Security Police Agency, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
6. June 1996 - September 2000, Superintendent, Nuclear Security Branch, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
7. September 2000 - June 2004, Nuclear Security Program Manager, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
8. June 2004 - November 2006, Chief, Nuclear Surety Branch, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
9. November 2006 - December 2008, Chief, Nuclear Programs Division, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
10. December 2008 - October 2010, Deputy Director, Nuclear Support Directorate, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
11. October 2010 - May 2014, Deputy Director of Security Forces, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. May 2014 – February 2018, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Reserve Affairs and Airman Readiness, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Washington, D.C.
13. February 2018 - present, Director, Air Force Review Boards Agency, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Government of Kuwait)
Meritorious Civilian Service Medal (three awards)
Founders Award, Defense Threat Reduction Agency
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy Associates
International Association of Chiefs of Police
Air Force Security Forces Association
(Current as of February 2018)