John A. Fedrigo, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Acting Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. In this capacity he is responsible for the supervision of manpower, military and civilian personnel, Reserve component affairs and readiness support for the 685,000 Total Force members of the Department of the Air Force. He provides guidance, direction and executive oversight to the Deputy Assistant Secretaries for Management Integration and Reserve Affairs, as well as the Director of the Air Force Review Boards Agency.
Prior to his current position he served as the Director of the Air Force Review Boards Agency, where he was responsible for overseeing the Air Force Personnel Council, Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records, Air Force Civilian Appellate Review Office, Air Force Security Protection Directorate and the Department of Defense Physical Disability Board of Review.
Mr. Fedrigo has served for more than 40 years in the Air Force and DoD and was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2010. He has held unit and staff positions at the tactical, operational and strategic level to include multiple Air Force assignments and several positions with the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. His primary leadership focus areas include personnel, readiness, reserve component utilization, security and law enforcement, nuclear operations and administrative case adjudication. He is an instrument-rated pilot.
1990 Associate of Applied Science, Industrial Security, Community College of the Air Force, Montgomery, Ala.
1995 Bachelor of Science, Liberal Arts and Political Science, University of the State of New York, Albany
1998 Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy, Quantico, Va.
1999 Master of Arts, Management, Webster University, St. Louis
2005 National Security Management Course, the Maxwell School, Syracuse University, N.Y.
2011 Executive Course on National and International Security, the Elliott School, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2012 U.S. Department of Justice, FBI National Executive Institute, Quantico, Va.
2012 Leadership Decision Making, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2016 Logistics and Technology Executive Course, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1. May 1981–July 1984, Ceremonial Guardsman, U.S. Air Force Honor Guard, Bolling Air Force Base, Washington, D.C.
2. July 1984–September 1988, Security Police Controller and Squad Leader, 379th Security Police Squadron, Wurtsmith AFB, Mich.
3. September 1988–September 1989, Security Police Trainer and Quality Control Evaluator, 7061st Munitions Support Squadron, Araxos Air Base, Greece
4. September 1989–June 1993, Chief, Security Operations, 380th Security Police Squadron, Plattsburgh AFB, N.Y. (March 1992–July 1992, Flight Chief, 4404th Composite Wing, Southwest Asia)
5. June 1993–June 1996, Staff Officer, Air Force Security Police Agency, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
6. June 1996–September 2000, Superintendent, Nuclear Security Branch, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
7. September 2000–June 2004, Nuclear Security Program Manager, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
8. June 2004–November 2006, Chief, Nuclear Surety Branch, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
9. November 2006–December 2008, Chief, Nuclear Programs Division, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
10. December 2008–October 2010, Deputy Director, Nuclear Support Directorate, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
11. October 2010–May 2014, Deputy Director of Security Forces, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
12. May 2014–February 2018, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Reserve Affairs and Airman Readiness, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
13. February 2018–May 2019, Director, Air Force Review Boards Agency, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
14. May 2019–present, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
15. December 2019–January 2021, Performed/Delegated Duties as the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
16. January 2021–present, Acting Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Government of Kuwait)
Meritorious Civilian Service Medal (three awards)
Founders Award, Defense Threat Reduction Agency
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Air Force Security Forces Association Air Force Honor Guard Association
(Current as of March 2021)