Kevin W. Buckley, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Program Executive Officer for Air Force Mobility Programs in the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. He is responsible for program execution, executive management and supervision responsibilities of all ACAT I, II, and III programs in the Mobility Aircraft portfolio to include the C-5, C-17, C-27J, C-130J, C-130 Legacy, Mature and Proven Aircraft, Very Important Person and Special Duty Aircraft, Training Aircraft, and the Large Aircraft Infrared Countermeasures (LAIRCM) System.
Mr. Buckley was commissioned in the Air Force through Officer Training School in 1983 and was first assigned to the Air Force Institute of Technology, earning a bachelor's degree in aeronautical engineering. He subsequently served as a payload integration engineer in the Space Shuttle Program and as a program manager for several advanced reconnaissance systems. He has worked as the program manager for a highly-classified aircraft survivability program in the Air Force Research Laboratory; Chief of the Advanced Surveillance Branch at the Pentagon; and Director of Plans on the B-2. He later served as the Program Director for the C-130 Avionics Modernization and C-130J Production and Modification programs. Mr. Buckley retired from the Air Force in 2010 in the rank of colonel after 27 years of active duty. He was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in 2010.
1983 Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, Saint Joseph's University, Philadelphia, Pa
1985 Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1987 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1989 Master of Science degree in systems management, AFIT, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1996 Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1997 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2002 Air War College, by correspondence
2004 Master of Science degree in strategic studies, Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
2007 Executive Program Management Course, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2012 Enterprise Perspective, Washington D.C.
1. August 1983 - March 1985, student, AFIT, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2. April 1985 - May 1988, space shuttle payload integration engineer, Air Force Space Division, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
3. May 1988 - September 1989, student, AFIT, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. September 1989 - July 1994, program manager, Reconnaissance Systems Program Office, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. July 1994 - July 1998, program element monitor, Special Programs Directorate, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
6. July 1998 - March 2000, Program Manager for Classified Systems, Sensors Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. March 2000 - January 2002, Chief, Plans and Integration Division, B-2 Program Office, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. January 2002 - June 2003, Deputy Chief, later, Chief, Commander's Action Group, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. July 2003 - June 2004, student, Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
10. June 2004 - August 2005, Director of Special Operations Forces Common Avionics Systems, Special Operations Acquisition and Logistics Center, U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
11. August 2005 - May 2006, Director, Mission Training and Preparation Systems, Special Operations Acquisition and Logistics Center, U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
12. May 2006 - June 2010, Commander, 866th Aeronautical Systems Group, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. August 2009 - June 2010, acting Director, 516th Aeronautical Systems Wing, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. August 2010 - July 2012, Program Executive Officer for Air Force Mobility Programs, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. July 2012 - present, Program Executive Officer for Air Force Mobility Programs, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
AWARDS AND HONORS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Program Management, Level III, Acquisition Professional Development Program
Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering, Level I, APDP
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Senior Executive Association
(Current as of March 2013)