Maj. Gen. Timothy S. Green is the Air Force Director of Civil Engineers, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for installation support functions at a total of 182 Air Force bases worldwide with an annual budget over $11 billion. He is also responsible for organizing, training and equipping the 51,000-person engineering force along with providing policy and oversight for the planning, development, construction, maintenance, utilities and environmental quality of Air Force bases worldwide valued at more than $297 billion. This responsibility includes housing, fire emergency services, explosive ordnance disposal and emergency management services.
General Green entered the Air Force in 1987 as a graduate of the ROTC program at Texas A&M University. He has commanded a civil engineer squadron and mission support group and served as Special Assistant to two commanders of U.S. European Command/Supreme Allied Commander of Europe. Prior to assuming his current position, General Green served as the Director of Installations and Mission Support for Air Mobility Command and then at Air Combat Command.
The general served as Director of Installations for Air Force Forces in Southwest Asia during the 2007-2008 surge of U.S. forces into Iraq for Operation Iraqi Freedom, supporting more than $1.2 billion in military construction and engineer operations at 15 installations in 10 countries throughout the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility. General Green is a registered Professional Engineer in the state of Texas.
1986 Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering, Texas A&M University
1992 Master of Science degree in civil engineering, Texas A&M University
1992 Distinguished graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1997 Air Command and Staff College, by seminar
1999 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Air War College, by seminar
2005 National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. October 1987 - July 1990, Environmental Coordinator and Design Engineer, 47th Civil Engineer Squadron, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. August 1990 - January 1992, Student, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
3. January 1992 - September 1994, Technical Assistant, Pollution Prevention Directorate, and Staff Officer, Pollution Prevention Division, Air Force Center for Environmental Excellence, Brooks AFB, Texas
4. October 1994 - September 1996, Chief of Engineering Contracts, Chief of Construction Management, 36th Civil Engineer Squadron, Andersen AFB, Guam
5. Oct 1996 - July 1998, Operations Flight Commander, 43rd Civil Engineer Squadron, Pope AFB, N.C.
6. August 1998 - June 1999, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. July 1999 - June 2002, Assistant Executive Officer, Office of the Chief of Staff and Military Construction Program Manager, Engineering Division, Office of the Civil Engineer, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Logistics, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. July 2002 - July 2004, Commander, 31st Civil Engineer Squadron, Aviano Air Base, Italy
9. August 2004 - June 2005, Student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
10. July 2005 - June 2007, Commander, 99th Mission Support Group, Nellis AFB, Nev.
11. June 2007 - June 2008, Director, Installations (A7), Air Force Forces, Combined Air and Space Operations Center, Southwest Asia
12. July 2008 - May 2009, Chief, Programs Division, Office of the Civil Engineer, Deputy Chief of Staff for Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
13. May 2009 - July 2011, Special Assistant to the Commander, U.S. European Command, and Supreme Allied Commander Europe, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, Mons, Belgium
14. July 2011 - June 2013, Director of Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
15. June 2013 - March 2014, Director of Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
16. March 2014 - present, Air Force Director of Civil Engineers, Deputy Chief of Staff, Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington D.C.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. May 2009 - July 2011, Special Assistant to Commander U.S. European Command and Supreme Allied Commander Europe; Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, Belgium, as a colonel and brigadier general
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 10, 1987
First Lieutenant May 10, 1989
Captain May 10, 1991
Major September 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2000
Colonel Aug. 1, 2004
Brigadier General April 1, 2011
Major General June 5, 2015
(Current as of October 2016)