Frankie H. Shroyer Jr. is the Director, Interagency Task Force, Headquarters U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla. He is responsible for coordinating special operations activities with interagency partners and other stakeholders to counter irregular or transnational violent extremist threats worldwide.
Mr. Shroyer, a native of Tampa, Fla., served in the U.S. Army with the 82nd Airborne Division from 1973 to 1976. He then served 10 years with the Clearwater Police Department, Fla., where he held various positions including patrol officer, detective, undercover detective, police supervisor and sergeant. He joined the Drug Enforcement Administration as a special agent in 1986, serving in the Miami, Washington and Atlanta Field Divisions. In 1998, Mr. Shroyer was reassigned to DEA Headquarters in Washington, D.C, as Staff Coordinator in the Office of Domestic Operations. A year later he was promoted to Section Chief in the Tactical Enforcement Section with oversight of two DEA national programs.
Mr. Shroyer was reassigned as an Assistant Special Agent in charge of the Miami Field Division's Fort Lauderdale District Office in 2001, where he was involved with significant regional, national and international priority target and undercover money laundering investigations. He returned to DEA Headquarters in 2007 when he was appointed to the Senior Executive Service as the Deputy Chief of Enforcement Operations. He went on to serve as the Assistant Chief of Operations to the newly created Office of Global Enforcement Special Projects Branch with oversight responsibility for DEA's Foreign-deployed Advisory and Support Teams; Drug Flow Attack Strategy; all military and interagency liaison personnel; Sensitive Investigative Units; personnel recovery; and all operations involving the pursuit and arrest of high-value targets. Mr. Shroyer retired from the DEA in 2010 after 30 years of service.
1985 Bachelor's degree in criminology, St. Leo College, Fla.
1996 Master's degree in public administration, Columbus State University
1. 1986 - 1987, special agent, Drug Enforcement Administration Miami Field Division, Fla.
2. 1987 - 1991, special agent, DEA Washington Field Division, D.C.
3. 1991 - 1995, special agent, DEA Atlanta Field Division, Ga.
4. 1995 - 1998, Supervisory Special Agent, Mobile Enforcement Team, DEA Atlanta Division, Ga.
5. 1998 - 1999, Staff Coordinator, State and Local Section, Office of Domestic Operations, DEA Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
6. 1999 - 2001, Chief, Tactical Enforcement Section, Office of Domestic Operations, DEA Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
7. 2001 - 2007, Assistant Special Agent in Charge, Fort Lauderdale District Office, DEA Miami Field Division, Fla.
8. 2007 - 2008, Deputy Chief of Enforcement Operations, DEA Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
9. 2008 - 2010, Assistant Chief of Operations, Special Projects Branch, Office of Global Enforcement, DEA Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
10. 2010 - present, Director, Interagency Task Force, Headquarters U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
(Current as of April 2011)