Edward "Ed" S. Jones is Comptroller and Director, Financial Management Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Ga. He oversees the MAJCOM, headquarters and three numbered Air Force financial management staffs, and is responsible to the Commander, AFRC for all matters affecting the Air Force Reserve's $6.3B in budgetary, financial, and accounting activities annually.
Mr. Jones came to HQ Air Force Reserve Command with experience at all management levels: installation, major command, Air Force Headquarters, unified command and defense agency. Prior to joining AFRC, he served as Comptroller of the Defense Commissary Agency and as the Deputy Director of DeCA's East region. Earlier, he served as Chief of the Integration and Management Funds Division for the Deputy Assistant Secretary for budget in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Management and Comptroller) at the Pentagon, Washington D.C. Other key assignments include: Director of Financial Management, AFRC, Robins Air Force Base Ga.; and Chief, Integration and Accounting Branch, Comptroller Division, Directorate of Acquisition and Resources, U.S. Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
1974 Bachelor's degree in business administration, Valdosta State University, Ga.
1981 Master's degree in business administration, Golden Gate University, San Francisco
2003 Federal Executive Institute
Squadron Officer's School
Air Command and Staff College
Professional Military Comptrollers School
Air War College
Armed Forces Staff College
1. 1974 - 2003, active duty officer, U.S. Air Force, retired at rank of colonel
2. 1985 - 1989, executive secretary to the Air Force Commissary Service Board of Directors, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
3. 1989 - 1992, staff officer, United States Special Operation Command, J-8, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.
4. 1992 - 1995, deputy director of the operations center and deputy director of resource management, Defense Commissary Agency headquarters, Fort Lee, Va.
5. 1995 - 1998, comptroller, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
6. 1998 - 2000, chief of the Integration and Management, Funds Division, Budget Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C. 7. 2000 - 2003, comptroller, DeCA headquarters, Fort Lee, Va.
8. 2003 - 2004, executive director for resources, DeCA headquarters, Fort Lee, Va.
9. 2004 - 2005, chief support officer, DeCA headquarters, Fort Lee, Va.,
10. 2005 - 2007, deputy director, DeCA East, Fort Lee, Va.
11. 2007 - 2008, acting director (SeS), DeCA East, Fort Lee Va.
12. Aug 2008 - present, Comptroller and Director, Financial Management, AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze star
Air Force Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with one bronze star
(Current as of September 2011)