Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Kaleth O. Wright represents the highest enlisted level of leadership, and as such, provides direction for the enlisted force and represents their interests, as appropriate, to the American public and to those in all levels of government. He serves as the personal adviser to the Chief of Staff and the Secretary of the Air Force on all issues regarding the welfare, readiness, morale and proper utilization and progress of more than 410,000 enlisted members. Chief Wright is the 18th chief master sergeant appointed to the highest noncommissioned officer position.
Chief Wright enlisted in the Air Force in March of 1989 and his background includes various duties in the dental career field. He served as a Professional Military Education instructor and has held various senior enlisted positions while serving at squadron, group, wing, Task-Force and Numbered Air Force levels. He has deployed in support of operations Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom and completed overseas tours in South Korea, Japan, Germany and Alaska.
Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Forces in Europe and U.S. Air Forces Africa, with headquarters at Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
1993 Airman Leadership School, Pope Air Force Base, N.C.
2000 Associates in Applied Science Degree, Dental Assisting, Community College of the Air Force, Montgomery, Ala., by correspondence
2000 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kadena Air Base, Japan
2002 Bachelor of Science, Business Management, University of Maryland
2003 Associates in Applied Science Degree, Instructor of Technology/Military Science, CCAF, Montgomery, Ala., by correspondence
2005 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2007 Air Force Medical Service Intermediate Executive Skills Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2009 Masters in Business Administration, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Ariz., by correspondence
2010 Master Certificate in Project Management, Villanova University, Villanova, Pa.
2010 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2010 Professional Managers Certification, CCAF, Montgomery, Ala., by correspondence
2012 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Pa.
2012 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C., by correspondence
2013 Project Management Professional Certification, Project Management Institute, Philadelphia, Pa.
2013 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
2014 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, D.C.
2014 AFSO21 Executive Leaders Course, University of Tennessee
2014 Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2015 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2016 Graduate Certificate in Executive Leadership, Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y.
2018 Sherpa Executive Coaching Course, Sherpa Leadership Institute, Howard University, Washington, D.C.
2019 National Preparedness Leadership Initiative, Harvard T.H. Chan of Public Health and the Harvard Kennedy School of Government Center for Public Leadership, Cambridge, Mass.
1. September 1989 – June 1994, Dental Assistant Specialist, 23rd Medical Group, Pope Air Force Base, N.C.
2. July 1994 – July 1995, Dental Assistant Journeyman, 51st Dental Squadron, Osan Air Base, South Korea
3. August 1995 – August 2001, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge , Preventive Dentistry/Records and Reception/Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery/Dental Readiness, 18th Dental Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
4. August 2001 – August 2004, Flight Chief, Training/Evaluation, Kisling NCOA, Kapaun Air Station, Germany
5. September 2004 – February 2007, Flight Chief, Dental Flight, 43rd Aeromedical-Dental Operations Squadron, Pope AFB, N.C.
6. February 2007 – February 2009, Superintendent, 51st Dental Squadron, Osan AB, South Korea
7. February 2009- July 2010, Superintendent, 3rd Dental Squadron, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
8. July 2010 – May 2011, Superintendent, 18th Dental Squadron, Kadena AB, Japan
9. May 2011 – May 2012, Superintendent, 18th Mission Support Group, Kadena AB, Japan
10. May 2012 – February 2014, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 22nd Air Refueling Wing, McConnell AFB, Kan.
11. February 2014 – December 2014, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 9th Air and Space Expeditionary Task Force-Afghanistan, Kabul, Afghanistan
12. January 2015 – June 2016, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 3rd Air Force and 17th Expeditionary Air Force, Ramstein AB, Germany
13. June 2016 – January 2017, Command Chief Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Forces in Europe, U.S. Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
14. February 2017 – present, Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Recognition Ribbon with oak leaf cluster
1997 18th Dental Squadron Noncomissioned Officer of the Year
1998 18th Dental Squadron NCO of the Year
2000 18th Dental Squadron NCO of the Year
2000 PACAF Outstanding Dental NCO of the Year
2000 USAF Outstanding Dental NCO of the Year
2000 Noncomissioned Officer Academy John L. Levitow and Academic Achievement Awards
2005 43rd Airlift Wing and Pope Air Force Base SNCO of the Year
2005 Air Mobility Command Outstanding Dental SNCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force February 2017
(Current as of August 2019)