Thomas F. Doyon, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director, Air Force Materiel Command Law Office, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. The AFMC Law Office is a large team of legal professionals providing acquisition law counsel to the Air Force's most complex, high-value, and high-visibility programs. The law office also provides central legal coordination for acquisition fraud issues within Air Force Materiel Command, and supports legal aspects of intellectual property, patent issues, and certain real estate issues Air Force-wide.
Mr. Doyon received a broad range of experience in a variety of assignments over his active-duty career. He has served as the Chief of Acquisition Law supporting the Air Force's two largest acquisition centers, as the trial counsel in numerous courts-martial, as the Chief of the Air Force's centralized Contract Law Field Support Center, as the Staff Judge Advocate at a classified location, as an Area Defense Counsel, and as the Senior Legislative Counsel to the Air Force's Director of Legislative Liaison. Mr. Doyon retired from the Air Force at the rank of colonel in 2012 after almost 22 years of active duty service. He was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in April 2012.
1985 - Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Political Science, The Ohio State University, Columbus
1988 - Juris Doctor, The Ohio State University, College of Law, Columbus
1996 - Squadron Officers School, by correspondence
1998 - Master of Laws (LLM), Government Procurement Law, National Law Center, George Washington University, Washington D.C.
2002 - Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2005 - Air War College, by correspondence
1. September 1990 - June 1993, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, Robins AFB, Ga.
2. June 1993 - July 1996, Deputy Staff Judge Advocate, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
3. July 1996 - July 1997, Area Defense Counsel/Military Cadet Counsel, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
4. July 1997- July 1998, LLM Student, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
5. July 1998 - June 2001, Chief of Contract and Patent Law, Los Angeles AFB, Calif. (January 2000 - June 2000, deployed as the Operational Law Attorney, Headquarters Stabilization Force, Sarajevo, Bosnia)
6. June 2001 - July 2004, Staff Judge Advocate
7. July 2004 - July 2006, Senior Legislative Counsel, SAF/LLP, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. July 2006 - July 2010, Chief, Contract Law Division, AFMC Law Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. July 2010 - March 2012, Chief, Contract Law Field Support Center, Andrews AFB, Md.
10. April 2012 - present, Director, AFMC Law Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
(Current as of April 2012)