John T. Park, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Deputy Director of Force Management Policy, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for establishing force management policies for more than 675,000 Air Force military and civilian personnel. These policies guide the accession, assignment, evaluation, skills analysis and management, promotion, readiness, retraining, separation and retirement of the Air Force's human capital. His office also oversees aspects of Total Force management to include contingency, mobilization, training management and rated force policy.
Mr. Park entered the Air Force in 1973 after receiving his commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy. He served as a Navigator, Instructor Navigator, and Operations Staff Officer at squadron, wing, and number Air Force levels. He entered the personnel business as an Air Force Assignments Officer with subsequent duties as a Major Command Personnel Analyst, Personnel Policy Staff Officer on the Air Staff, Chief of Assignments at a major command, and Deputy Chief of the Colonels Management Office. Upon retiring from the Air Force in 2000 as a colonel, Mr. Park was a Research Fellow and Program Manager in human capital management for a non-profit government consulting firm. He entered civil service with the Air Force in 2003. Prior to his current assignment, Mr. Park was Chief of the Force Management Division in the Directorate of Force Management Policy, Headquarters, U.S. Air Force. He was appointed to the Senior Executive Service in May 2012.
1973 Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1978 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1983 Master of Arts degree in human relations, Webster College, St. Louis, Mo.
1986 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1994 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Air Force Leadership Development Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2007 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School , University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.
1. June 1973 - May 1974, Student, undergraduate navigator training, Mather AFB, Calif.
2. June 1974 - March 1977, Navigator and Instructor Navigator, 7th Military Airlift Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
3. March 1977 - February 1980, Instructor Navigator, 452nd Flying Training Squadron, and Training Evaluator, 323rd Flying Training Wing, Mather AFB, Calif.
4. Feb 1980 - June 1984, Assignments Officer, Air Force Manpower and Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
5. July 1984 - July 1987, Flight Planner and Chief of Operations Briefing Team, Headquarters 21st Air Force, McGuire AFB, N.J.
6. July 1987 - June 1990, Assistant for Personnel Analysis, Headquarters Military Airlift Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
7. July 1990 - July 1995, Chief of Legislation and Benefits, Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. July 1995 - August 1997, Chief of Assignments Division, Directorate of Personnel, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
9. August 1997 - September 2000, Chief of Assignments and Deputy Chief of Air Force Colonels Matters Office, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
10. September 2000 - June 2003, Research Fellow and Program Manager, Logistics Management Institute, McLean, Va.
11. June 2003 - March 2005, Chief of Analysis Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower and Personnel, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. March 2005 - May 2012, Chief of Force Management Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
13. May 2012 - present, Deputy Director, Force Management Policy, Deputy Chief of Staff for Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Civilian Service Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Air Force Association
Military Officers Association of America
(Current as of May 2012)