Maj. Gen. Cedric D. George is the Director of Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Virginia. He is responsible for organizing, training and equipping more than 180,000 technicians and managers maintaining the aerospace weapons system inventory. He provides strategic guidance for materiel and equipment management, fuels, vehicle management and operations, distribution, personal property and passenger traffic management. The general develops logistics readiness, maintenance and munitions policy, ensuring the readiness of the single largest element of manpower supporting Air Force combat forces globally.
General George is a 1987 graduate of the ROTC program at Norwich University. He is a fully qualified maintenance officer and has held key maintenance leadership positions at the wing, major command and Air Staff levels. His commands include 49th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 35th Maintenance Group, 11th Wing, 76th Maintenance Wing and the Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex. He is also a Level III senior acquisition professional with a wide array of leadership experiences in Air Force and joint programs. Prior to his current position, he was the Deputy Director, Resource Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Virginia. His duties included responsibility for enterprise-wide logistics technology vision, strategy, advocacy and policy. He oversaw logistics transformation, agile planning and technology insertion, development and implementation of innovation logistics concepts and capabilities to deliver logistics effects to the order of battle across the full spectrum of operations to enable air, space, cyber and joint forces.
1987 Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, Norwich University, Northfield, Vt.
1990 Master of Science, Management, Troy State University, Montgomery, Ala.
1994 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2000 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Distinguished Graduate, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Master of National Resource Strategy, Distinguished Graduate, Industrial College of Armed Forces, Washington, D.C.
2006 Department of Defense Senior Acquisition Course, Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, Washington, D.C.
2008 Level II (Black Belt) Training/Certification, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
2009 Executive Leadership Course, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
2010 Senior Executive Fellow, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2014 LOGTECH - Advanced Program in Logistics and Technology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. January 1988 - March 1990, Project Engineer, Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar Division, Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass.
2. March 1990 - September 1991, Deputy Director of Protocol, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
3. September 1991 - July 1992, Program Manager, European Intelligence Centers, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
4. July 1993 - March 1995, Flight Commander/Munitions and Fabrication Flight, Holloman AFB, N.M.
5. March 1995 - January 1996, Squadron Maintenance Officer, Holloman AFB, N.M.
6. January 1996 - October 1998, Chief, Acquisition Branch/F-22 Award Fee Program Manager, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. June 1998 - October 1998, Chief, Logistics Operations Division, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
8. November 1998 - July 1999, Special Assistant to the Commander, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. August 1999 - June 2000, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
10. June 2000 - December 2001, Chief, Global Power Requirements Integration Division, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
11. December 2001 - April 2003, Branch Chief, Joint Strike Fighter, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
12. April 2003 - August 2003, Deputy Chief, Air Superiority Division, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
13. August 2003 - August 2005, Commander, 49th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
14. August 2005 - June 2006, Student, Industrial College of Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
15. July 2006 - July 2008, Commander, 35th Maintenance Group, Misawa AB, Japan
16. July 2008 - November 2009, Director, Pacific Air Forces Air Force Smart Operations 21, Hickam AFB, Hawaii.
17. December 2009 - September 2010, Commander, 11th Wing, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
18. October 2010 - April 2011, Special Assistant to the Vice Chief of Staff, U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
19. April 2011 - July 2012, Commander, 76th Maintenance Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
20. July 2012 - August 2014, Commander, Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, Robins AFB, Ga.
22. August 2014 – July 2018, Deputy Director, Resource Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va.
23. July 2018 – present, Director of Logistics, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon, Long
Air Force Longevity Service with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Training Ribbon
2014 U.S. Air Force Stars and Stripes Black Engineer of the Year
2018 National Ellis Island Medal of Honor Recipient
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Sept. 19, 1987
First Lieutenant Sept. 19, 1989
Captain Sept. 19, 1991
Major April 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2002
Colonel March 1, 2006
Brigadier General July 13, 2012
Major General Oct. 2016
(Current as of October 2018)