Thomas D. Robinson, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director of Contracting, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He guides contracting policy for seven operating locations, ensures workforce development for more than 2,000 contracting professionals and manages a support and contract execution staff of more than 200. Mr. Robinson guides more than $31 billion in annual obligations for 10 Program Executive Officers and 2 Direct Report Divisions. He is also responsible for more than 550 Air Force, joint and allied warfighting programs valued at more than $196 billion in active contracts. These programs include F-22 and F-16 fighter aircraft; C-17 and C-5 cargo aircraft; KC-46 tanker aircraft, B-1 and B-2 bomber aircraft; and Predator, Global Hawk and Reaper remotely piloted aircraft.
Prior to this assignment, he served as the Executive Director, Air Force Installation Contracting Agency, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
Mr. Robinson, a Buffalo, New York native, was commissioned in the U.S. Air Force in 1984 as a contracting specialist and served 28 years on active duty status. He garnered extensive experience in operational, major weapons system, and logistical contracting. Throughout his career he held several other key positions to include senior contracting official for Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, director of contracting Ogden Air Logistics Center and chief contracting division, Air Education and Training Command. Mr. Robinson retired from active duty and entered Senior Executive Service in July 2012.
1983 Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics and Political Science, Canisius College, Buffalo, N.Y.
1987 Masters of Arts in Public Administration, Northern Michigan University, Marquette
2000 Defense Systems Management College, Ft Belvoir, Va.
2006 Master of Science, Military Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. November 1984 - May 1987, Contracting Services Branch Chief and various training positions, 410th Bombardment Wing, KI Sawyer AFB, Mich.
2. June 1987 - September 1990, Chief, Contracting Division, 509th Bombardment Wing, Pease AFB, N.H.
3. September 1990 - March 1993, Chief Management Analysis Division, Air Force Logistics Management Agency, Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Ala.
4. March 1993 - March1995, Commander, 65th Contracting Squadron, Lajes Field, Azores
5. March 1995 - June 1997, Staff Acquisition Officer, Headquarter, USAFE, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
6. July1997 - June1998, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB Ala.
7. July1998 - May 2000, Chief, Air Vehicles Division, Air Force Research Laboratories, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. May 2000 - August 2000, Student, Defense Systems Management College, Ft. Belvoir, Va.
9. August 2000 - March 2002, Deputy Chief, Contracting Division, F-22 Systems Program Office, Wright
Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. March 2002 - April 2004, Commander, 82d Contracting Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
11. April 2004 - July 2004, Deputy Commander, 82d Mission Support Group, Sheppard AFB, Texas
12. July 2004 - July 2005, Deputy Commander, 96th Mission Support Group, Eglin AFB Fla.
13. July 2005 - May 2006, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
14. June 2006 - January 2008, Deputy Director of Contracting, Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
15. January 2008 - June 2009, Director of Contracting , Ogden Air Logistics Center, Hill AFB, Utah
16. July 2009 -June 2011 Chief, Contracting Division, Directorate of Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Air
Education Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
17. June 2011- July 2012, Chief, Contracting Division, Directorate of Installations and Mission Support, Pacific Air Force, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam
July 2012 - October 2013, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary (Contracting) for Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
November 2013 - June 2014, Executive Director, Air Force Installation Contracting Agency, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
June 2014 - present, Director of Contracting, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2008 - 2010, 2013 - present, Member of National Board of Directors, National Contracts Management Association
Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP) Contracting, Level III, APDP
(Current as of June 2015)