Chaplain (Brig. Gen.) Bobby V. Page is the Air Force Deputy Chief of Chaplains, Headquarters U. S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C. As a member of the special staff of the Chief of Staff, Chaplain Page assists the Chief of Chaplains in establishing guidance on all matters pertaining to the religious and moral welfare of Air Force personnel and their dependents and directing and maintaining a trained, equipped and professional Chaplain Corps of more than 2,200 chaplains and chaplain assistants from the active and Air Reserve components. As a member of the Armed Forces Chaplains Board, he and other members advise the Secretary of Defense and Joint Chiefs of Staff on religious, ethical and quality-of-life concerns.
Chaplain Page was commissioned through the Reserve Officer Training Corps at Louisiana State University in 1973. He earned his wings at Mather Air Force Base, Calif. in 1975 and served as a navigator, instructor navigator and senior navigator for the Standards and Evaluation section. In January, 1980, he separated from the Air Force to attend Southwestern Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas to fulfill a commitment to pastoral ministry. After graduation, he served pastorates in Arkansas and North Carolina from 1983 to 1989. During that time he also served as a chaplain in the Air National Guard in Arkansas and Georgia, then the Air Force Reserve in South Carolina. In July 1989 he returned to active duty and has served a variety of chaplain assignments at the wing, two major commands and Headquarters U.S. Air Force.
Chaplain Page has significant deployed experience serving as the wing chaplain at Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia, in 2000 and leading the largest chapel team in the Central Command area of responsibility during Operation Iraqi Freedom. In June, 2003, he established the first Air Force chaplain ministry at the Baghdad International Airport.
1973 Bachelor of Arts in History, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge
1975 Undergraduate Navigator Training, Mather AFB, Calif.
1978 Master of Public Administration, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, Calif.
1983 Master of Divinity, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas
1990 Squadron Officer School, by correspondence
1994 Air Command and Staff College, by seminar
1997 Air Force Institute of Technology, Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, Lombard, Ill.
1999 Doctor of Ministry, Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, Lombard, Ill.
2001 Air War College, by seminar
1. May 1974 - March 1975, Student, undergraduate navigator training, Mather AFB, Calif.
2. March 1975 - June 1975, Student, KC-135 upgrade training, Castle AFB, Calif. 3. July 1975 - January 1980, Navigator, Instructor Navigator, Standards and Evaluation Senior Navigator, 307th Air Refueling Group, Travis AFB, Calif.
4. March 1985 - December 1986, Chaplain, 188th Fighter Wing, AR Air National Guard, Fort Smith, Ark.
5. January 1987 - June 1989, Chaplain, Air Force Reserve, 20th Fighter Wing, Shaw AFB, S.C.
6. July 1989 - July 1993, Chaplain, 475th Air Base Wing, Yokota Air Base, Japan
7. July 1993 - July 1996, Senior Chaplain to Tech Training Airmen, 37th Training Wing, Lackland AFB, Texas
8. August 1996 - June 1997, Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, Lombard, Ill.
9. June 1997 - July 2000, Chief of Program Development, Office of the Command Chaplain, Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
10. July 2000 - July 2003, Wing Chaplain, McGuire AFB, N.J.
11. September - December 2000, Wing Chaplain, deployed to Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia
12. February - July 2003, Wing Chaplain, deployed to PSAB and Baghdad International Airport
13. August 2003 - May 2004, Strategic and Professional Programs Officer, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
14. May 2004 - June 2006, Chief, Plans and Programs Division, Headquarters, U.S. Air Force, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
15. June 2006 - June 2009, Command Chaplain, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
16. June 2009 - July 2012, Command Chaplain, Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB Texas 17. July 2012 - present, Deputy Chief of Chaplains, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Distinguished Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor and five oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Medal with one device
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Long
Air Force Longevity Service with five oak leaf clusters
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Pistol)
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Aug. 10, 1973
First Lieutenant Feb. 10, 1976
Captain Feb. 10, 1978
Captain (Revised) March 15, 1984
Major June 1, 1992
Lieutenant Colonel June 1, 1999
Colonel Aug. 1, 2004
Brigadier General Aug. 2, 2012
(Current as of August 2015)