Maj. Gen. Michael T. Brewer is the Commander, Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center, Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico. General Brewer reports directly to the Air Force Chief of Staff regarding the test and evaluation of more than 98 major acquisition programs valued at more than $907 billion being assessed at 17 different locations. He directs the activities of more than 750 military, civilian, and contractor personnel. As a member of the test and evaluation community, General Brewer coordinates directly with the offices of the Secretary of Defense and Headquarters U.S. Air Force while executing realistic, objective and impartial operational testing and evaluation of Air Force, coalition and joint warfighting capabilities.
General Brewer received his commission in 1986. He attended pilot training at Sheppard AFB, Texas, with follow-on operational assignments in the F-111F and F-15E at Royal Air Force Lakenheath, England, where he served as an Instructor and Evaluator Pilot. In 1996, General Brewer completed U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School.
Following TPS, he was assigned to the 445th Flight Test Squadron as an F-15 Experimental Test Pilot and he served in the F/A-22 system program office as a Test Program Manager. General Brewer commanded an experimental test squadron and then served as Assistant for Global Positioning System and Navigation Warfare, Networks and Information Integration, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense, and commanded the 46th Test Wing, Arnold Engineering Development Center and the 412th Test Wing. Prior to his current assignment, he was the Director of Strategic Plans, Programs, Requirements, and Analyses, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
General Brewer is a command pilot with more than 3,200 hours flying the F-111, F-15E and F-16 and has combat experience in both the F-111 and F-15E.
1986 Bachelor of Science, electrical engineering, North Carolina State University
1988 Master of Science, international relations, Troy State University
1993 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1995 Distinguished Graduate, U. S. Air Force Test Pilot School, Edwards AFB, Calif.
2000 Distinguished Graduate, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Distinguished Graduate, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Ft. Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2006 National Security Management Course, Maxwell School, Syracuse University
2006 Air Force Enterprise Leader Seminar, University of North Carolina
1. November 1986 - December 1987, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 88th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. May 1988 - November 1988, F-111D Aircraft Commander, 523rd Tactical Fighter Training Squadron, Cannon AFB, New Mexico
3. November 1988 - March 1989, F-111F Aircraft Commander, 495th Tactical Fighter Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
4. March 1989 - June 1991, F-111F Aircraft Commander, 492nd Tactical Fighter Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
5. June 1991 - January 1992, F-111F Instructor Pilot, 495th Tactical Fighter Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
6. January 1992 - June 1992, F-111F Evaluation Pilot, 493rd Tactical Fighter Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
7. November 1992 - April 1994, F-15E Aircraft Commander/Instructor Pilot, 492nd Tactical Fighter Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
8. April 1994 - July 1995, Chief, Academics Division, 48th Operations Support Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
9. July 1995 - June 1996, student, U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School, Edwards AFB, Calif.
10. June 1996 - August 1999, Flight Command and Assistant Operations Officer, 445th Flight Test Squadron, Edwards AFB, Calif.
11. August 1999 - June 2000, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. June 2000 - June 2002, F-22 Test Program Manager, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. June 2002 - July 2004, Commander, Classified Flight Test Squadron
14. July 2004 - June 2005, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Ft. McNair, Washington, D.C
15. June 2005 - June 2007, Assistant for GPS and Navigation Warfare, Networks and Information Integration, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
16. June 2007 - June 2009, Vice Commander, AFFTC Detachment 3
17. July 2009 - July 2011, Commander, 46th Test Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
18. July 2011 - July 2012, Commander, Arnold Engineering Development Center, Arnold AFB, Tenn.
19. July 2012 - April, 2015, Commander, 412th Test Wing, Edwards AFB, Calif.
20. April 2015 – May 2018, Director, Strategic Plans, Programs, Requirements, and Analyses, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
21. May 2018 – present, Commander, Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 3,200
Primary aircraft flown: F-111, F-15, F-16, C-12
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Aug. 11, 1986
First Lieutenant Aug. 11, 1988
Captain Aug. 11, 1990
Major May 1, 1998
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2002
Colonel March 1, 2006
Brigadier General July 6, 2012
Major General Aug. 3, 2015
(Current as of May 2018)