Mr. Dominic Pohl, a member of the Defense Intelligence Senior Executive Service, is the Executive Director, 25th Air Force. Mr. Pohl assists the commander in reviewing, evaluating and formulating policies, concepts and objectives governing the mission of the globally-dispersed numbered air force. The 25th Air Force conducts the following operations: multisource intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance products, applications, capabilities and resources; electronic warfare and integrating cyber ISR forces and expertise. The 25th Air Force includes the 70th, 363rd and 480th ISR Wings, the 9th Reconnaissance Wing, the 55th Wing, the 319th Air Base Wing and the Air Force Technical Applications Center, and is made up of more than 30,000 military, civilian and contractor personnel.
Mr. Pohl has more than 30 years of experience in systems engineering, program management, program analysis and as an intelligence officer. He was a member of the Central Intelligence Agency's Senior Intelligence Service from 2002-2012. He previously served as Deputy Director of Air, Space and Cyberspace Operations, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado. In that capacity, he also served as the Senior National Reconnaissance Office Advisor to the Commander, AFSPC. Mr. Pohl was responsible for the development of operations policy and guidance, concepts of operations and emergency action procedures for all AFSPC space and cyberspace forces in the areas of command and control, missile warning, space surveillance, space control, space lift, navigation, weather, communication and across the spectrum of Air Force cyberspace operations.
Prior to his AFSPC assignment, Mr. Pohl served as the Director of the Information Integration Program Management Office in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. He was responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the DNI information integration and sharing program across the intelligence community. His duties included the management, systems engineering and integration and program execution oversight of an extensive portfolio of more than 40 information sharing and network services initiatives across the intelligence community. As the Program Manager for I2P, Mr. Pohl also served as the implementation lead for Intelligence Community Directive 501, the DNI policy that mandated a significant broadening in the discoverability and accessibility of intelligence information by authorized users throughout the intelligence community. Mr. Pohl directed the development of the ICD 501 plan that was successfully implemented June 1, 2009.
Mr. Pohl also served as the Director of the Systems Engineering and Technology Office within the Signals Intelligence Systems Acquisition and Operations Directorate at the NRO. In that capacity, Mr. Pohl was the Chief Systems Engineer for the SIGINT Directorate of the NRO. He provided the architectural systems engineering and integration to define and verify the implementation of the end-to-end SIGINT program. He also managed the development of leading-edge technologies to continuously improve the NRO's ability to exploit new and emerging targets. Finally, he worked closely with the National Security Agency to identify and satisfy evolving user needs while ensuring interoperability with other intelligence providers. Mr. Pohl previously served as the Deputy Director of SETO.
Earlier in his career Mr. Pohl held a variety of senior systems engineering, program management and intelligence collection management positions on the staffs of the DNI and the Director of Central Intelligence from 1996-2004. He was the first Chief of Requirements for the DCI, establishing and directing the operations of the DCI Mission Requirements Board from 2000-2004. Mr. Pohl began his career with active duty service in the U.S. Air Force from 1986-1995, first as an intelligence applications officer, and then as a signals intelligence officer.
1982 Bachelor of Arts degree in physics, Columbia University, New York
1995 Master of Science degree in strategic intelligence, Joint Military Intelligence College, Defense Intelligence Agency, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
2003 Intelligence Community Senior Leadership Program, Washington, D.C.
2007 Pinnacle Executive Leader Program, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill.
1. November 1986 - January 1990, Team Chief, then Branch Operations Officer, Offensive Missiles Branch, 544th. Intelligence Analysis Squadron, Strategic Air Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2. January 1990 - June 1995, Team Chief, SIGINT Analysis, Strategic Forces Branch, National Security Agency, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
3. June 1996 - April 1999, Senior Program Analyst for SIGINT, Program Assessment and Evaluation Office, Office of the DCI, Community Management Staff, CIA Headquarters, Langley, Va.
4. April 1999 - March 2000, Senior Collection Requirements Officer, Office of the Assistant DCI for Collection, CIA Headquarters, Langley, Va.
5. March 2000 - March 2004, Chief of Requirements, Office of the Deputy DCI for Community Management, CIA Headquarters, Langley, Va.
6. March 2004 - June 2005, Chief, Discipline Analysis Group, Program Assessment and Evaluation Office, Office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI), Langley, Va.
7. June 2005 - October 2006, Deputy Director, Systems Engineering and Technology Office, National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), Chantilly, Va.
8. October 2006 - May 2008, Director, Systems Engineering and Technology Office, NRO, Chantilly, Va.
9. May 2008 - October 2008, Integrated Project Team Lead for Integrated NRO Program Plan for Transformation, Systems Engineering Directorate, NRO, Chantilly, Va.
10. October 2008 - July 2009, Director, Information Integration Program Management Office, Office of the DNI, McLean, Va.
11. August 2009 - June 2010, Senior Staff, Office of Development and Engineering, NRO, Chantilly, Va.
12. July 2010 - June 2012, Deputy Director, Air, Space, and Cyberspace Operations, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
13. June 2012 - September 2014, Executive Director, Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
14. September 2014 - present, Executive Director, 25th Air Force, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Presidential Rank Award –Meritorious Executive
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal
(Current as of July 2018)