Brig. Gen. Ronald L. Huntley is Director of Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado. He is responsible for fiscal resource planning, programming and execution and for the control processes which support the nation's space and cyberspace operations; managing resource allocation, Program Objective Memorandum and Financial Plan development, and overseeing the Command's Special Access Program/Special Access Required planning, programming and security activities.
General Huntley enlisted in the Air Force in 1983 and served as a computer operator. He graduated from Florida State University in 1986 while on active duty and earned his commission through Officer Training School as a 1987 distinguished graduate.
During his career, he has served in various duties to include space, missile and network operations, as well as strategy and planning. He has commanded at the squadron, group and wing levels, and has completed staff assignments on the Pentagon Joint Staff (J5), Headquarters Air Force Space Command, and Headquarters Air Education and Training Command and the National Reconnaissance Office.
1986 Associate of Applied Science in Data Processing, Community College of the Air Force
1986 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Florida State University
1991 Master of Science in Management, University of South Dakota
1994 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., outstanding contributor
2002 Master of Arts in National Security and Strategic Studies, College of Naval Command and Staff, R.I.
2004 Air War College, by correspondence
2006 Master of Science in National Security Strategy, National War College, Washington, D.C
2011 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
1. March 1983 - May 1983, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. June 1983 - June 1986, Computer Operator/Resource Management, 1978 Communications Squadron, Howard AFB, Republic of Panama
3. July 1986 - August 1987, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Data Processing Section, 729th Tactical Control Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah.
4. August - November 1987, Officer Trainee, Officer Training School, Lackland AFB, Texas
5. January - April 1988, Student, 4315th Combat Crew Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
6. April 1988 - December 1991, Instructor/Evaluator Crew Commander, Minuteman II ICBM 4 Strategic Missile Wing, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
7. January - April 1992, Student, 4315th Combat Crew Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
8. May 1992 - September 1993, Instructor/Evaluator Crew Commander, Minuteman CDB Deuce ICBM 564th Missile Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
9. October 1993 - June 1995, Executive Officer, Space and Missile Training Action Officer, Directorate of Technical Training, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
10. June 1995 - July 1995, Student, Space Operations Bridge Course, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
11. July 1995 - July 1998, Operations Flight Commander, Crew Commander, Milstar Vehicle Commander, 3rd Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
12. July 1998 - July 2001, Chief, Space Standardization and Evaluation, Chief, 13S Career Field Functional Manager, Chief, Aerospace Officer Development Section, Headquarters Air Force Space Command (AFSPC), Peterson AFB, Colo.
13. July 2001 - June 2002, Student, College of Naval Command and Staff, Newport, R.I.
14. July 2002 - April 2003, Operations Officer, 3rd Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
15. May 2003 - June 2005, Commander, 4th Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
16. July 2005 - June 2006, Student, National War College, Ft. McNair, Washington, D.C.
17. July 2006 - May 2008, Chief, Western Europe Branch/Pol Mil Planner, Strategy and Policy Directorate, J5, the Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.
18. June 2008 - December 2010, Commander, Network Operations Group, National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, Va.
19. January 2011 - August 2012, Commander, Space Operations Wing and Commander, Aerospace Data Facility-Colorado (ADF-C), Buckley AFB, Colo.
20. August 2012 - May 2014, Deputy Director, Plans and Policy, U.S. Cyber Command, Fort George G. Meade, Md.
21. May 2014 - October 2014, Director of Strategic Plans, Programs and Analyses, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
22. October 2014 - present, director of Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2006 - May 2008, Chief, Western Europe Branch/Pol Mil Planner, Strategy and Policy Directorate (J5), Pentagon, Washington, D.C, as a lieutenant colonel
2. June 2008 - December 2010, Commander, Network Operations Group, National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, Va., as a colonel
3. January 2011 - August 2012, Commander, Space Operations Wing and Commander, Aerospace Data Facility-Colorado (ADF-C), Buckley AFB, Colo., as a colonel
4. August 2012 - May 2014, Deputy Director, Plans and Policy, US Cyber Command, Fort George G. Meade, Md., as a colonel and a brigadier general
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
National Intelligence Exceptional Achievement Medal
National Reconnaissance Office Gold Medal of Distinguished Service
National Security Agency Bronze Medallion
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Medallion for Excellence
Air Force Space Command General Horace M. Wade Innovation Award
Distinguished Graduate Officer Training School
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Nov. 19, 1987
First Lieutenant Nov. 19, 1989
Captain Nov. 19, 1991
Major June 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2002
Colonel Aug. 1, 2007
Brigadier General April 24, 2013
(Current as of December 2015)