Kevin D. Stamey, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Executive Director, Air Force Sustainment Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. He is responsible for assisting the commander in providing operational planning and execution of Air Force Supply Chain Management and Depot Maintenance missions for a wide range of aircraft, engines, missiles and component items in support of AFMC missions. He assists in overseeing operations which span three air logistics complexes, three air base wings, two supply chain management wings and multiple remote locations that incorporate more than 43,000 military and civilian personnel. In addition, he helps ensure installation support to more than 75,000 personnel working in 140 associate units at the three bases.
Mr. Stamey has 29 years of experience in government service and he began his career in 1988 as an aerospace engineer at Tinker AFB. He has served in a broad range of senior leader positions in acquisition, sustainment and maintenance organizations. He served as Director of Engineering for the Air Force Program Executive Officer for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, where he provided technical oversight for 69 programs and projects including six Acquisition Category I programs. Mr. Stamey has also served as the Chief of the Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command Systems Engineering Division and as Chief Engineer for the Cruise Missile Product Group for systems such as the Advanced Cruise Missile and the Conventional Air Launched Cruise Missile. Mr. Stamey’s assignments also included serving as the Chief Engineer for the E-3 System Sustainment Manager and as a project engineer for several systems including the B-2, B-52 and other special projects.
1989 Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering, Texas Tech University, Lubbock
1998 Master of Arts degree in management, Webster University, Webster Groves, Mo.
2008 Air War College, by correspondence
1. 1988 – 1990, aerospace engineer, Directorate of Specialized Management, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
2. 1990 – 1993, lead engineer for Advanced Cruise Missile, B-52/Missile Division, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
3. 1993 – 2003, Chief Engineer, Cruise Missile Product Group, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
4. 2003, Chief, Avionics Division, Engineering Directorate, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
5. 2003, Chief Engineer, E-3 System Support Division, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
6. December 2003 – November 2007, Director, 76th Software Maintenance Group, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
7. November 2007 – October 2009, Chief, Air Force Materiel Command, Systems Engineering Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. October 2009 – August 2012, Director of Engineering, Air Force Program Executive Officer for Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance and Special Operations Forces, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. August 2012 – February 2013, Director of Engineering, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
10. February 2013 – September 2014, Director of Engineering and Technical Management, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
11. September 2014 – October 2017, Director of Engineering and Technical Management, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
12. October 2017 – present, Executive Director, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1999 Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center Outstanding Chief Engineer Award
2003 Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center Engineering Director’s Award
2004 Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2006 Air Force Civilian Achievement Award
2007 Air Force Exemplary Service Award
2008 Air Force Civilian Achievement Medal
2008 Wright-Patterson Category III Civilian of the Quarter
2009 Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2012 Air Force Civilian Achievement Award
Certified Green Belt-Lean Institute
Certified Acquisition Professional, Level III in Systems Planning, Research Development, and Engineering and Systems Planning, Research Development, and Engineering Program System Engineer
(Current as of November 2017)