Kevin D. Stamey, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director for Information Dominance Programs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, Washington, D.C. He is responsible for synchronizing 75 programs spanning command and control; airborne intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; business systems; and offensive and defensive cyber with Air Force planning and programming. He guides acquisition planning and directs the preparation and presentation of budget materials. He develops program positions on behalf of the Secretary of the Air Force, builds alignment across the Air Staff and Program Executive Officers, and directs external engagement strategies with the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Joint Staff, Combatant Commands and congressional staff. He also advocates for the U.S. and USAF with NATO’s Air Force and C4ISR community, and serves as the chair of the NATO Air Force Armaments Group.
Mr. Stamey has 32 years of experience in government service in which he began his career in 1988 as an aerospace engineer at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. He has served in a broad range of senior-leader positions in acquisition, sustainment and maintenance organizations. Prior to his current assignment, he was the Executive Director for the Air Force Sustainment Center, leading three depots and two supply chain wings comprising more than 40,000 workforce. He also served as AFSC’s Director of Engineering. He has led as the Center Engineering Director for the Air Force Nuclear Weapon Center and Air Force Life Cycle Management Center at Hanscom Air Force Base, Massachusetts. His engineering leadership also included serving as the Director of Engineering for the Air Force Program Executive Officer for Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance, where he provided technical oversight of 69 programs and projects including six ACAT I programs. His previous assignments also include serving as the Director of Software Maintenance, Chief Engineer for the Cruise Missile Product Group and Chief Engineer for the E-3 Sentry.
1989 Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Texas Tech University, Lubbock
1998 Master of Arts, Management, Webster University, St. Louis
2008 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Montgomery, Ala. by correspondence
1. 1988–1990, Aerospace Engineer, Directorate of Specialized Management, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker Air Force Base
2. 1990–1993, Lead Engineer for Advanced Cruise Missile, B-52/Missile Division, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB
3. 1993–2003, Chief Engineer, Cruise Missile Product Group, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB
4. 2003, Chief, Avionics Division, Engineering Directorate, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB
5. 2003, Chief Engineer, E-3 System Support Division, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB
6. 2003–2007, Director, 76th Software Maintenance Group, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
7. 2007–2009, Chief, Air Force Materiel Command, Systems Engineering Division, Wright- Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. 2009–2012, Director of Engineering, Air Force Program Executive Officer for Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance & Special Operations Forces, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. 2012–2013, Director of Engineering, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
10. 2013–2014, Director of Engineering and Technical Management, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
11. 2014–2017, Director of Engineering and Technical Management, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
12. 2017–2020, Executive Director, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
13. 2020–present, Director for Information Dominance Programs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
1999 Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center Outstanding Chief Engineer Award
2003 Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center Engineering Director’s Award
2004 Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2006 Air Force Civilian Achievement Award
2007 Air Force Exemplary Service Award
2008 Air Force Civilian Achievement Medal
2008 Wright-Patterson Category III Civilian of the Quarter
Certified Green Belt-Lean Institute
Certified Acquisition Professional, Level III in Systems Planning, Research Development, and Engineering & Systems Planning, Research Development, and Engineering Program System Engineer
Certified PM Level I
(Current as of August 2020)