Maj. Gen. Bryan Radliff is the Commander, 10th Air Force, Naval Air Station Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base, Texas. His command operates across multiple domains that include all fighter, bomber, special operations, rescue, airborne warning and control, fighter and bomber flying-training missions, combat air operations battle staff, remotely-piloted aircraft, space and cyber units in the Air Force Reserve Command. When mobilized or used in a full-time capacity, these units provide capability across a broad spectrum specifically to Air Combat Command, Air Force Special Operations Command, Pacific Air Forces, Air Force Space Command, Air Force Global Strike Command, Air Education and Training Command and the Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency.
Maj. Gen. Radliff entered the Air Force in 1989 as a Distinguished Graduate of the Reserve Officer Training Corps. He has served as a Flight Examiner, Instructor Pilot and Mission Commander and flew during operations Southern Watch and Noble Eagle. He has commanded a detachment, fighter group, and fighter wing, and is a Joint Qualified Officer. He served in the Air Force and the Air National Guard before joining the Air Force Reserve in 2003.
Prior to his current assignment, Maj. Gen. Radliff was the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, First Air Force (Air Forces Northern) and Continental U.S. North American Aerospace Defense Command Region, Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida. He was responsible for all policies and programs relating to the Air Force Reserve and assisted the commander to organize, equip and operate air defense forces for the continental U.S., including aerospace warning and control supporting U.S. Northern Command and bi-national North American Aerospace Defense Command. In his civilian job, he is an airline pilot with a major U.S. carrier.
1989 Bachelor of Science, Administration of Justice, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2007 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2008 Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Joint Forces Staff College, Naval Station Norfolk, Va.
2009 Master of Aeronautical Science, Aerospace and Aviation Management, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2014 NATO Senior Officer Policy Course, NATO School Oberammergau, Oberammergau, Germany
2014 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2017 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Cincinnati, Ohio
2017 Joint Force Land Component Commander Course, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
2017 Joint Force Air Component Commander Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Senior Executives in National and International Security, Harvard Kennedy School, Cambridge, Mass.
2018 Capstone, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. March 1990–March 1991, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Reese Air Force Base, Texas
2. March 1991–July 1996, T-38 Evaluator and Instructor Pilot, 54th Flying Training Squadron, Reese
3. July 1996–March 1997, Student, F-15C Formal Training Unit, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
4. March 1997–January 2000, Flight Commander, 58th Fighter Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
5. January 2000–July 2000, Assistant Director of Operations, 60th Fighter Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
6. July 2000–October 2003, F-15C Instructor Pilot, Florida Air National Guard, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
7. October 2003–April 2008, Commander, Detachment 4, 307th Fighter Squadron Eglin AFB, Fla.
8. April 2008–October 2010, Strategic Planner and Reserve Advisor, Office of the Assistants to the
Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff for National Guard and Reserve Matters, Washington, D.C.
9. October 2010–April 2011, Commander, 44th Fighter Group, Holloman AFB, N.M.
10. April 2011–November 2012, Commander, 477th Fighter Group, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska
11. November 2012–November 2015, Commander, 419th Fighter Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
12. November 2015–November 2016, Vice Commander, Tenth Air Force, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, Texas
13. November 2016–August 2018, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, 12th Air Force, Air Combat
Command and Air Forces Southern, U.S. Southern Command, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
14. August 2018–June 2021, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, First Air Force (Air Forces Northern), and Continental U.S. North American Aerospace Defense Command Region, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
15. June 2021–present, Commander, 10th Air Force, NAS JRB Fort Worth, Texas
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. April 2008–October 2010, Strategic Planner and Reserve Advisor, Office of the Assistants to the
Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff for National Guard and Reserve Matters, Joint Staff, Washington, D.C., as a lieutenant colonel
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 3,500
Aircraft flown: F-15C, F-16C, F-22, T-38 and MQ-9
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Oct. 8, 1989
First Lieutenant Oct. 8, 1991
Captain Oct. 8, 1993
Major Nov. 20, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 18, 2005
Colonel Oct. 1, 2010
Brigadier General March 1, 2017
Major General June 20, 2020
(Current as of January 2022)