Brig. Gen. C. McCauley von Hoffman is the Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa, Ramstein Air Base, Germany. As Director, she provides leadership, management and integration of aircraft and munitions maintenance, civil engineers, contingency contracting, security forces, transportation and material management, storage and distribution. Her directorate supports the deployment, basing, sustainment and redeployment of military forces across an area of operations covering 19 million square miles and 104 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Additionally, she oversees force protection, logistics and base operating support for 63,000 military and dependents at 10 wings and nearly 100 geographically separated units.
General von Hoffman hails from Columbus, Mississippi and received her commission through ROTC at Vanderbilt University in 1989. She began her career as a supply and fuels officer and later cross-trained into aircraft maintenance. She has since had assignments in both fighter and airlift weapon systems, logistics command and control, studies and analysis, as well as joint operations and logistics. She has published work in the Air and Space Power Journal, the Air Force Journal of Logistics, and with RAND Corporation.
Prior to assuming her current position, General von Hoffman served as the Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia. She has commanded a squadron and group. General von Hoffman also served as both Chief of a Joint Operations Center for a combatant command and Assistant Deputy Director for the Joint Chiefs of Staff. She has served tours in the Pacific and Europe and deployed in support of several contingency operations including operations Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Provide Comfort, Northern Watch, Coronet Oak, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.
1989 Bachelor of Science, Mathematics and History, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn.
1994 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2013 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2013 LOGTECH Executive Course, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. October 1989 – November 1992, Flight Commander, Supply and Fuels Flight, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev. (December 1991 – May 1992, Flight Commander, Fuels Flight, Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates)
2. November 1992 – January 1994, Flight Commander, Fuels Flight, Kunsan AFB, South Korea
3. February 1994 – January 1997, Flight Commander, Sortie Generation and Support Flights, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
4. January 1997 – July 2000, Chief, Agile Combat Support, C2 Training and Innovation Center, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
5. July 2000 – July 2003, Chief, Weapons Systems Support Branch, Air Force Logistics Management Agency, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
6. July 2003 – August 2005, Commander, 908th Maintenance Squadron, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. July 2004 – June 2005, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. August 2005 – November 2007, Deputy Commander, 908th Maintenance Group, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. November 2007 – July 2009, Deputy Commander, 403rd MXG, Keesler AFB, Miss.
10. July 2009 – June 2012, Commander, 908th MXG, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. June 2012 – August 2014, Assistant Deputy Director for Strategic Logistics, the Joint Staff J4 Directorate, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
12. August 2014 – October 2015, Reserve Advisor and Division Chief, Systems Support Division, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
13. October 2015 – October 2017, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Ogden Air Logistics Complex, Hill AFB, Utah
14. October 2017 – present, Mobilization Assistant to the Director for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. April 2011 - October 2011, Chief of Operations, Joint Operations Center, Operations Directorate (J3), U.S. Central Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla., as a colonel
2. June 2012 - August 2014, Assistant Deputy Director for Strategic Logistics, the Joint Staff J4 Directorate, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device and 5 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Southwest Asia Service Medal with two bronze stars
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Medal with gold border
Kuwait Liberation Medal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Kuwait Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTIONS
Second Lieutenant May 13, 1989
First Lieutenant July 21, 1991
Captain July 21, 1993
Major Nov. 1, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 18, 2005
Colonel Feb. 25, 2010
Brigadier General Jan. 1, 2017
(Current as of January 2019)