Fredrick E. Carr, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Operations, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C. Mr. Carr assists the Deputy Assistant Secretary on all issues involving the amended Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990 and related financial management reforms. He is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate submission of the Air Force financial statements and managing at the executive level, the Air Force’s Financial Improvement and progress towards achieving an unqualified audit opinion. He’s also responsible for internal controls compliance and legal expenditure of Air Force Resources as provided by Congress.
Mr. Carr began his military career in 1981, serving two years in the Air National Guard, and four years in the active Air Force. He transitioned into the civilian federal workforce via the Air Force Palace Acquire program in 1990. Prior to assuming his current position, Mr. Carr was the Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance where his responsibilities included Air Force financial statements, accounting policy and standards, compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and principle support to the improvement of financial information for audit readiness.
1991 Bachelor of Science Accounting and Finance, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
2000 Army Comptrollership Program Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
2000 MBA Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
2015 Air War College, by correspondence
1. 1981 – 1983, Air National Guard, Financial Management, March Air Reserve Base, Calif.
2. 1983 – 1989, Active Duty Air Force, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
3. 1990 – 1993, Palace Acquire Intern, Air Force Material Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. 1993 – 1995, Staff Accountant, Defense Finance and Accounting Service, Dayton, Ohio
5. 1995 – 1997, Functional Manager, Air Force Material Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. 1997 – 1999, Lead Cost Accountant, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. 1999 – 2000, Student, Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
8. 2000 – 2002, Systems Accountant, Air Force Material Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. 2002 – 2004, Program Manager, Air Force Wide Business Systems, Dayton, Ohio
10. 2004 – 2006, Functional Program Manager, Defense Enterprise Accounting and Management Systems, Special Projects U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
11. 2006 – 2012, Chief, Accounting Policy and Special Projects, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12. 2012 – 2016, Director, Financial Reporting and Compliance, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
13. 2016 – present, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Operations, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Keenan Award for Distinguished Federal Service awarded by Syracuse University
DOD (Comptroller) Award for Innovative Technology in Financial Management
Air Force Civilian Sustained Superior Performance Award
Air Force Major Command Award for Technical Excellence
Certified Public Accountant
Certified Defense Financial Manager (Acquisition)
Defense Financial Management Certification, Level III
(Current as of June 2017)