Maj. Gen. Timothy D. Haugh is the Commander, Cyber National Mission Force, Fort Meade, Maryland. In this position, he serves as the Defend the Nation lead for the Commander, U.S. Cyber Command. He coordinates the prevention and response to cyber incidents and campaigns perpetrated by threat actors in order to preserve United States critical infrastructure and key resources.
Maj. Gen. Haugh most recently served as the U.S. Cyber Command Director of Intelligence. Prior to that, he was the Deputy Commander of Joint Task Force ARES, executing U.S. Cyber Command’s Counter-ISIS campaign. Maj. Gen. Haugh also served as the Commander, 480th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia. In his position as 480th ISR Wing Commander, Maj. Gen. Haugh directed the worldwide intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations of six ISR groups providing ISR to combatant commanders and Combined Forces Air Component Commanders and coalition forces. He was responsible for approximately 6,000 military, civilian and contractor personnel and a total enterprise valued at more than $5 billion.
Maj. Gen. Haugh received his commission in 1991 as a distinguished graduate of the ROTC program at Lehigh University. He has served in a variety of intelligence, cyber, staff and command assignments. His staff assignments include Office of the Secretary of Defense, Air Staff and the Combined Air Operations Center. In addition to commanding the CNMF and the 480th ISRW, he commanded at the 318th Information Operations Group, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas; 315th Network Warfare Squadron, Fort Meade, and Detachment 2, 544th Intelligence Group, Sabana Seca, Puerto Rico.
Maj. Gen. Haugh is a career intelligence officer and authorized to wear the master cyber operations occupational badge.
1991 Bachelor of Arts, Russian Studies, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pa.
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1999 Master of Science, Telecommunications, Southern Methodist University, Dallas
2005 Master of Science, Joint Information Operations, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
2010 Master of Science, National Resource Strategy, with a concentration in Information Operations, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. June 1992 – December 1992, Student, Signals Intelligence Officer Course, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas
2. January 1993 – September 1995, Flight Commander, 6920 ESG/301 IS, Misawa Air Base, Japan
3. October 1995 – July 1998, Commander, Detachment 2, 544th Intelligence Group, Sabana Seca, Puerto Rico
4. August 1998 – June 2001, Chief, Information Operations Technology Integration, Headquarters Air Intelligence Agency, Kelly AFB, Texas
5.June 2001 – June 2004, Office of the Secretary of Defense Information Operations Project Officer, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
6. July 2004 – September 2005, Intermediate Development Education Student, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
7. September 2005 – June 2007, Director of Intelligence, Air Force Special Operations Forces, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
8. June 2007 – June 2009, Commander, 315th Network Warfare Squadron, Fort Meade, Md.
9. July 2009 – June 2010, Senior Development Education Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
10. June 2010 – June 2011, Chief, Intelligence, Surveillance Reconnaissance Division, 609th AOC, Al-Udeid AB, Qatar
11. July 2011 – July 2013, Commander, 318th Information Operations Group, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
12. July 2013 – June 2014, Assistant Vice Commander, Air Force ISR Agency, JB San Antonio, Texas
13. June 2014 – May 2016, Commander, 480th ISR Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
14. June 2016 – June 2017, Deputy Commander, Joint Task Force-ARES (U.S. Cyber Command), Fort Meade, Md.
15. June 2017 – June 2018, Director of Intelligence, U.S. Cyber Command, Fort Meade, Md.
16. June 2018 – present, Commander, Cyber National Mission Force, Fort Meade, Md.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2010 – June 2011, Chief, ISR Division, 609th Air Operations Center, Al-Udeid Air Base, Qatar (U.S. Central Command), as a colonel
2. June 2016 – June 2017, Deputy Commander, Joint Task Force-ARES (U.S. Cyber Command), Fort Meade, Md., as a general officer
3. June 2017 – June 2018, Director of Intelligence, USCYBERCOM, Fort Meade, Md., as a general officer
4. June 2018 – present, Commander, Cyber National Mission Force, Fort Meade, Md., as a general officer
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Dec., 9 1991
First Lieutenant Dec. 9, 1993
Captain Dec. 9, 1995
Major Sept. 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2006
Colonel Aug. 1, 2011
Brigadier General Nov. 2, 2016
Major General frocked
(Current as of August 2019)