Renee M. Richardson, a member of the Senior Executive Service, serves as Director of Acquisition Operations, Air Force Installation Contracting Center, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. In this capacity, she assists the commander leading over 750 personnel responsible for $9 billion in annual obligations and a total contract portfolio of $55 billion. The contracting authority and guidance she provides extends worldwide across the Air Force, supporting eight major commands and their 77 units. She leads enterprise-wide installation strategic sourcing efforts for the Air Force and Department of Defense.
Ms. Richardson is a 1988 graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy. She began her career as an intelligence officer serving in various leadership and teaching positions. Ms. Richardson cross-trained into contracting through the Education with Industry program at Lockheed Martin in Orlando, Florida. At her next assignment at Brooks AFB, Texas, she served in various leadership positions in Research and Development and operational contracting. In 1999, Ms. Richardson was selected to serve as the Deputy and Acting Commander for 48th Contracting Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom. In these positions, she was responsible for acquisition support for all U.S. bases throughout the U.K. In 2000, she deployed as the Deputy Theatre Head of Contracts/Skopje Regional Allied Contracting Officer supporting NATO’s Kosovo Force. Upon graduation from Air Command and Staff College, Ms. Richardson was selected to pursue an advanced academic degree in International Relations from Duke University. In 2005, she served as the Chief of Policy and Clearance in Headquarters Space Command’s Contracting Directorate where she oversaw contracting support to 26,000 space warriors. She deployed as the Chief of Specialized Contracts Division, Baghdad in 2006. In this capacity, she led her team to support $11 billion in major source selections supporting the theater. Next, she was selected to serve as the Commander of Air Education and Training Specialized Squadron. Her unit was responsible for a diverse portfolio of over $19 billion in essential contracts supporting the Air Force and Department of Defense globally. Ms. Richardson was next selected to command Defense Contract Management Agency-Middle East. In this capacity, she led over 100 professionals responsible for administration of a $7.6 billion contracts portfolio supporting 11 U.S. Central Command countries—including $1.3 billion of Foreign Military Sales contracts for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Egypt. She was also responsible for oversight in $5 billion in contracts supporting 40,000 U.S. military personnel deployed to 17 Southwest Asia bases. In 2010, Ms. Richardson was chosen to serve as the Senior Contracting Official for Pacific Air Forces, responsible for a $10 billion dollar portfolio supporting 46,000 personnel across the Pacific Theater. Prior to her current assignment, she was the DCMA Chief of Staff, responsible for leading day-to-day operations of the agency’s 11,000 civilian and military personnel responsible for executing worldwide contract management at more than 700 world-wide locations.
1988 Bachelor of Science, Human Factors Engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1993 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1994 Master of Science, Psychology, Angelo State University, San Angelo, Texas
1998 Master of Arts, Acquisition and Procurement, Webster University, San Antonio
2001 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Master of Arts, Political Science, Duke University, Durham, N.C.
2006 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. August 1989 – March 1990, Swing Shift, Officer in Charge, Defensive Ground Branch, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
2. April 1990 – March 1992, Assistant Chief, Defensive Ground Branch, 544th Intelligence Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
3. April 1992 – March 1994, Instructor, Defense Sensor Interpretation Training, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
4. March 1994 – January 1995, Instructor Supervisor, DSIAPT, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
5. January 1995 – July 1995, Training Manager, 315th Training Squadron, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
6. July 1995 – August 1996, Student, Education with Industry, Lockheed Martin, Orlando, Fla.
7. August 1996 – September 1997, Contracts Manager, Crew Systems R&D Branch, Brooks AFB, Texas
8. September 1997 – August 1998, Chief, Crew Systems Research and Development Contracting Branch, Brooks AFB, Texas
9. September 1998 – June 1999, Director of Business Operations, Brooks AFB, Texas
10. June 1999 – July 2001, Deputy Commander, 48th Contracting Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, U.K.
11. October 2000 – April 2001, Deputy Theatre Head of Contracts/Skopje Regional Allied Contracting Officer, Pristina, Kosovo and Skopje, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
12. August 2001 – August 2002, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. August 2002 – August 2005, Student, Duke University, Durham, N.C.
14. August 2005 – June 2007, Chief, Policy & Clearance Branch, Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
15. May 2006 – October 2006, Chief, Specialized Contract Division, Camp Victory, Iraq
16. June 2007 – July 2010, Commander Air Education and Training Command Contracting Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
17. August 2010 – August 2012, Commander, Defense Contract Management Agency -Middle East, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
18. August 2012 – August 2016, Senior Contracting Official, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces / Air Force Installation Contracting Agency, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
19. August 2016 – October 2017, Chief of Staff, DCMA, Fort Lee, Va.
20. October 2017 – May 2019, Executive Director, AFICA, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
21. 1 June 2019 – present, Director of Acquisition Operations, Air Force Installation Contracting Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. August 2010 – August 2012, Commander, Defense Contract Management Agency - Middle East, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
2. August 2016 – October 2017, Chief of Staff, Defense Contract Management Agency, Fort Lee, Va.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Kosovo Campaign Medal
Iraq Freedom Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Acquisition Professional Development Program Level III, Contracting
(Current as of May 2019)