Shane P. Hamilton, a member of the Defense Intelligence Senior Executive Service, is the Associate Director of Intelligence, Air Combat Command. In this role he assists the ACC Director of Intelligence in the development of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance plans and policy for the Combat Air Forces. ACC is the Air Force lead command for analysis, targeting, collection, Distributed Common Ground System Weapon System Management, Warfighter Integration, GEOINT, MASINT, SIGINT & PED. ACC/A2 also directs fielding and integration of ISR systems and acts as the functional manager of component-level ISR ground stations and more than 12,000 Airmen in more than 344 units. ACC/A2 programs budget activities of $1.4 billion annually and administers the command special security program.
Mr. Hamilton was previously the Chief of ACC/A2’s Analysis, Collections and Targets Division he led 47-Airmen coordinating Major Command level advocacy for all Combat Air Force relevant analysis, collections and targets issues. He has earned a Master of Science Degree in aeronautical science from Embry Riddle University, a Post Graduate Intelligence Program from the Joint Military Intelligence College, a Master of Airpower Art and Science from the School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Master of Science Degree in National Resource Strategy from the Industrial College of the Armed Forces and is a graduate of the Department of Defense Executive Leadership Development Program.
1988 Entered United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
1992 Bachelor of Science Degree in political science and modern history, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
1992 Distinguished Graduate, Fundamentals of Intelligence Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
1993 Distinguished Graduate, Intelligence Applications Officer Course, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
1996 Outstanding Graduate, USAF Weapons Instructor Course, Intelligence, Nellis AFB, Nev.
1998 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Honor Graduate, Joint Aerospace Command and Control Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2002 Master of Science Degree in Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle University, Fla.
2004 Postgraduate Intelligence Program in Strategic Intelligence, Joint Military Intelligence College, Washington, DC.
2005 Master of Science Degree in Airpower Art & Science, School of Advanced Air & Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Honor Graduate, Executive Leadership Development Program, Department of Defense, Washington, D.C.
2010 Honor Graduate, Prometheus Academy for Strategy Development, Montgomery, Ala.
2012 Master of Science Degree in National Resource Strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Washington, D.C.
1. May 1992 – February 1993, Intelligence Officer Training, Goodfellow AFB, Texas.
2. February 1993 – August 1994, Senior Air Analyst, 7th Air Intelligence Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea.
3. September 1994 – June 1996, Officer in Charge, Intelligence, 77th Fighter Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
4. June 1996 – December 1999, Chief, Wing Intelligence Operations, 33d Operations Support Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
5. December 1999 – April 2002, Analysis Flight Commander, HQ, United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany
6. April 2002 – July 2003, Chief, ISR Strategy and Operations Branch, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
7. July 2003 – June 2004, Intermediate Developmental Education Student, Joint Military Intelligence College, Bolling AFB, Md.
8. June 2004 – June 2005, Advanced Academic Studies Student, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. June 2005 – June 2007, Operations Officer, 547th Intelligence Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
10. July 2007 – August 2008, Chief, Exercises Branch, United States Forces Korea, Yongsan Garrison, Republic of Korea.
11. September 2008 – July 2009, Chief, Intelligence Fusion Center, United States Forces Korea, Yongsan Garrison, Republic of Korea
12. July 2009 – July 2011, Commander, Regional Threats Analysis Squadron, National Air and Space Intelligence Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. July 2011 – July 2012, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, National Defense University, Ft. Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
14. July 2012 – June 2014, Commander, 694th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
15. June 2014 – November 2015, ACC Intelligence Analysis, Targeting and Collections Management Division Chief, Langley AFB, Va.
16. November 2015 – November 2017, Deputy Director of Intelligence, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
January 2018 – present, Associate Director of Intelligence, Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with Service Star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with three Service Stars
Southwest Asia Service Medal with Service Star
National Intelligence Certificate of Distinction, Director of Central Intelligence
(Current as of March 2018)