Rick Marsh, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the deputy director, Strategic Plans, Policy, and Logistics at U.S. Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. USTRANSCOM is a global combatant command with functional responsibilities for air, land and sea transportation for the Department of Defense, ultimately delivering national objectives on behalf of the President and Secretary of Defense.
Mr. Marsh entered federal service as a Department of Army intern in 2002, and spent the majority of his career serving in battalion and brigade level assignments with the Surface Deployment and Distribution Command. Prior to his current position, Mr. Marsh served as Chief, Transportation Policy on the Army Staff.
2002 Bachelor of Arts, Foreign Affairs and Middle East Studies, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
2009 Master of Science, Intermodal Transportation Management, University of Denver, Denver, Colo.
2013 Master of Arts, National Security and Strategic Studies, U.S. Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
1. September 2002 – February 2004, U.S. Army Intern, Office of the Chief of Transportation, Fort Eustis, Va.
2. February 2004 – August 2005, Traffic Management Specialist, Surface Deployment and Distribution Command, 831st Transportation Battalion Naval Support Activity, Manama, Bahrain
3. August 2005 – January 2007, Traffic Management Specialist, Surface Deployment and Distribution Command, 599th Transportation Brigade, Wheeler Army Airfield, Hawaii
4. January 2007 – June 2010, Chief, Ocean Cargo Clearance Authority, Surface Deployment and Distribution Command, 598th Transportation Brigade, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5. June 2010 – January 2012, Deputy Director of Operations and Security, Surface Deployment and Distribution Command, 598th Transportation Brigade, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
6. January 2012 – August 2012, Deputy Project Manager, Surface Deployment and Distribution Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
7. August 2012 – June 2013, resident student, U.S. Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
8. July 2013 – March 2014, Project Manager, National Park Service, St. Louis, Mo.
9. April 2014 – August 2015, Logistics Management Specialist, Headquarters, Department of Army G-4, Washington, D.C.
10. August 2015 – September 2017, Chief, Transportation Policy Division, Headquarters, Department of Army G-4, Washington, D.C.
11. October 2017 – present, Deputy Director, Strategic Plans, Policy and Logistics Division, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
2003 Honor Graduate/Commandant’s List, U.S. Army Transportation Officer Basic Course
2008 Commander’s Award for Civilian Service
2012 Superior Civilian Service Award
2013 Highest Distinction, U.S. Naval War College
(Current as of March 2018)