Brig. Gen. Alice W. Trevino serves as Commander, Air Force Installation Contracting Center, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. She leads over 750 operational acquisition professionals responsible for a $55 billion contract portfolio. In this capacity, she directs enterprise-wide installation strategic sourcing efforts for the Air Force and oversees $9.1 billion in annual obligations in mission and installation requirements. Her contracting authority extends worldwide across AFICC in support of nine major commands, 82 units and the United States Air Force Academy. Additionally, she is designated as the Commander of a Joint Theater Support Contracting Command upon activation. She also directs the contract execution in support of the Defense Technical Information Center, Air Force Medical Readiness Agency and Air Force Civil Engineer Center.
Brig. Gen. Trevino received her commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1993. She is a joint qualified officer and has deployed extensively in support of combat, humanitarian assistance and peace-keeping enforcement operations to Croatia, Turkey, Oman, Kuwait and Afghanistan. Prior to her current position, Brig. Gen. Trevino was the Principal Military Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense. In addition, she has served as a Warranted Procuring Contracting Officer for major defense acquisition programs and was the Senior Contracting Official for a 365-day tour in Afghanistan. She has commanded contracting squadrons at the base and major command specialized levels; and joint units at both the group and wing levels.
1993 Bachelor of Science, Management, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1997 Master of Arts, Procurement and Acquisitions Management, Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
1997 Master of Arts, Human Resources Development, Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
1998 Squadron Officer School, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2007 Master of Business Administration, distinguished graduate, Naval Postgraduate School, Calif.
2008 Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk Naval Base, Va.
2008 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2012 Master of Science, national resource strategy, distinguished graduate, Senior Acquisition Course, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2015 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
2017 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2019 Leading Strategically, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1. August 1993–March 1996, Acquisition Officer, Communications Systems Program Office, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
2. April 1996–February 1999, Contracts Manager, Human Systems Program Office, Contracting Officer and Acting Services Branch Chief, Operational Contracting, 311th Human Systems Wing, Brooks AFB, Texas
3. February 1999–May 2000, Chief of Operational Contracting, 425th Air Base Squadron, Izmir Air Station, Turkey
4. June 2000–June 2002, Contracting Officer and Contracts Manager, Military Satellite Communications Terminal Programs Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
5. June 2002–July 2004, Chief of Major Command Investigations and Chief of Training Development and Support, Secretary of the Air Force, Office of the Inspector General, Complaints Resolution Directorate, Washington, D.C.
6. July 2004–May 2006, Commander, 35th Contracting Squadron, Misawa Air Base, Japan
7. June 2006–December 2007, Student, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
8. January 2008–March 2008, Student, Joint Forces Staff College, Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Norfolk Naval Base, Va.
9. March 2008–June 2010, Executive Officer and Deputy Chief of Distribution Process Owner, Program Integration Branch; Strategy, Policy, Programs and Logistics Directorate, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
10. June 2010–July 2011, Commander, Air Education and Training Command, Contracting Squadron, Directorate of Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters AETC, Randolph AFB, Texas
11. July 2011–June 2012, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
12. June 2012–February 2013, Deputy Director for Contracting, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. March 2013–March 2014, Senior Contracting Official-Afghanistan, U.S. Central Command Joint Theater Support Contracting Command, New Kabul Compound, Kabul, Afghanistan
14. April 2014–May 2014, Special Assistant to the Director for Contracting, AFLCMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
15. June 2014–May 2016, Commander, Defense Contract Management Agency Twin Cities, Bloomington, Minn.
16. June 2016–August 2017, Commander, DCMA Western Region, Carson, Calif.
17. September 2017–May 2018, Principal Military Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
18. May 2018–present, Commander, Air Force Installation Contracting Center, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. March 2008–June 2010, Executive Officer and Deputy Chief of DPO Program Integration Branch; Strategy, Policy, Programs and Logistics Directorate, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill., as a major and lieutenant colonel
2. March 2013–March 2014, Senior Contracting Official-Afghanistan, U.S.Central Command Joint Theater Support Contracting Command, Kabul, Afghanistan, as a colonel
3. June 2014–May 2016, Commander, DCMA Twin Cities, Bloomington, Minn., as a colonel
4. June 2016–August 2017, Commander, DCMA Western Region, Carson, Calif., as a colonel
5. September 2017–May 2018, Principal Military Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATION
Defense Superior Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with “V” device
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Co-author, "Employing Organizational Modeling and Simulation of the KC-135 Depot’s Flight Controls Repair Cell," Defense Acquisition Review Journal, April 2008
Co-author, “Leveraging Our War-Fighting Capabilities through the Lens of Operational Contract Support,” Air & Space Power Journal, Fall 2019
2000 Contracting, Level III
2001 Certified Federal Contracts Manager, National Contract Management Association
2010 Program Management, Level I
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 2, 1993
First Lieutenant June 2, 1995
Captain June 2, 1997
Major September 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 1, 2008
Colonel Oct. 1, 2013
Brigadier General Oct. 2, 2018
(Current as of August 2020)