Brig. Gen. Alice W. Trevino is the Commander, Air Force Installation Contracting Center, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. She leads a center with more than 700 personnel and a total contract portfolio of $55 billion. In this capacity, she directs enterprise-wide installation strategic sourcing efforts for the Air Force and oversees $9.1 billion in annual obligations in mission and installation requirements. Her contracting authority extends worldwide across AFICC in support of eight major commands and their 77 units. Additionally, she is designated as the Commander of a Joint Theater Support Contracting Command upon activation. General Trevino also directs the contract execution in support of Defense Technical Information Center, Air Force Medical Support Agency, Air Force Medical Operations Agency and Air Force Civil Engineer Center.
Prior to this assignment, she served as the principal military assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. Additionally, she has served as the Commander of Defense Contract Management Agency Western Region, a warranted procuring contracting officer for major defense acquisition programs, deputy director of contracting for Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, and the senior contracting official for Afghanistan. She has also commanded contracting squadrons at the base and major command specialized levels; and joint units at both the group and wing levels. She is a joint qualified officer who served with U.S. Transportation Command and has deployed extensively in support of combat, humanitarian assistance and peace-keeping/enforcement operations to Croatia, Turkey, Oman, Kuwait and Afghanistan.
1993 Bachelor of Science, Management, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1997 Master of Arts, Procurement and Acquisitions Management, Webster University, St. Louis
1997 Master of Arts, Human Resources Development, Webster University, St. Louis
1998 Squadron Officer School, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2007 Master of Business Administration, Distinguished Graduate, Naval Postgraduate School, Calif.
2008 Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk Naval Base, Va.
2008 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2012 Master of Science, National Resource Strategy, Distinguished Graduate, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2012 Senior Acquisition Course, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2015 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
2017 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2019 Leading Strategically, CCL, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1. August 1993 - March 1996, Acquisition Officer, Communications Systems Program Office, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
2. April 1996 - March 1997, Contracts Manager, Human Systems Program Office, Brooks AFB, Texas
3. April 1997 - February 1999, Contracting Officer and Acting Chief, Services Branch, Operational
Contracting, 311th Human Systems Wing, Brooks AFB, Texas
4. February 1999 - May 2000, Chief of Operational Contracting, 425th Air Base Squadron, Izmir Air
5. June 2000 - June 2002, Contracting Officer and Contracts Manager, Military Satellite Communications Terminal Programs Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
6.June 2002 - July 2004, Chief of Major Command Investigations and Chief of Training Development and Support, Secretary of the Air Force, Office of the Inspector General, Complaints Resolution Directorate, Arlington, Va.
7. July 2004 - May 2006, Commander, 35th Contracting Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
8. June 2006 - December 2007, Student, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
9. January 2008 - March 2008, Student, Joint Forces Staff College, JCWS, Norfolk Naval Base, Va.
10. March 2008 - June 2010, Executive Officer and Deputy Chief of Distribution Process Owner Program Integration Branch; Strategy, Policy, Programs and Logistics Directorate, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
11.June 2010 - July 2011, Commander, Air Education and Training Command Contracting Squadron, Directorate of Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters AETC, Randolph AFB, Texas
12. July 2011 - June 2012, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
13. June 2012 - February 2013, Deputy Director for Contracting, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. March 2013 - March 2014, Senior Contracting Official-Afghanistan, U.S. Central Command Joint Theater Support Contracting Command, New Kabul Compound, Kabul, Afghanistan
15. April 2014 - May 2014, Special Assistant to the Director for Contracting, AFLCMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
16. June 2014 - May 2016, Commander, Defense Contract Management Agency Twin Cities, Bloomington, Minn.
17. June 2016 - August 2017, Commander, DCMA Western Region, Carson, Calif.
18. September 2017 - May 2018, Principal Military Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
19. May 2018 - present, Commander, Air Force Installation Contracting Center, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. March 2008 - June 2010, Executive Officer and Deputy Chief of Distribution Process Owner Program Integration Branch; Strategy, Policy, Programs and Logistics Directorate, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill., as a major and lieutenant colonel
2. March 2013 - March 2014, Senior Contracting Official-Afghanistan, U.S. Central Command Joint Theater Support Contracting Command, Kabul, Afghanistan, as a colonel
3. June 2014 - May 2016, Commander, Defense Contract Management Agency Twin Cities, Bloomington, Minn., as a colonel
4. June 2016 - May 2018, Commander, DCMA Western Region, Carson, Calif., as a colonel
5. September 2017 - May 2018, Principal Military Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATION
Defense Superior Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Co-author, "Employing Organizational Modeling and Simulation of the KC-135 Depot’s Flight Controls Repair Cell," Defense Acquisition Review Journal, April 2008
2000 Contracting, Level III
2001 Certified Federal Contracts Manager, National Contract Management Association
2010 Program Management, Level I
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 2, 1993
First Lieutenant June 2, 1995
Captain June 2, 1997
Major Sept. 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 1, 2008
Colonel Oct. 1, 2013
Brigadier General Oct. 2, 2018
(Current as of May 2019)