Brigadier General Alice W. Trevino is the Commander, Air Force Installation Contracting Agency, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. She leads an over 700 personnel agency with a total contract portfolio of $55 billion. In this capacity, she directs enterprise-wide installation strategic sourcing efforts for the Air Force and oversees $9.1 billion in annual obligations in mission and installation requirements. Her contracting authority extends worldwide across AFICA in support of eight major commands and their 77 units. Additionally, she is designated as the Commander of a Joint Theater Support Contracting Command upon activation. General Trevino also directs the contract execution in support of Defense Technical Information Center, Air Force Medical Support Agency, Air Force Medical Operations Agency and Air Force Civil Engineer Center.
Prior to this assignment, she served as the principal military assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va. Additionally, she has served as the Commander of Defense Contract Management Agency Western Region, a warranted procuring contracting officer for major defense acquisition programs, deputy director of contracting for Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, and the senior contracting official for Afghanistan. She has also commanded contracting squadrons at the base and major command specialized levels; and joint units at both the group and wing levels. She is a joint qualified officer who served with U.S. Transportation Command and has deployed extensively in support of combat, humanitarian assistance and peace-keeping/enforcement operations to Croatia, Turkey, Oman, Kuwait, and Afghanistan.
1993 Bachelor of Science in management, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1997 Master of Arts in procurement and acquisitions management, Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
1997 Master of Arts in human resources development, Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
1998 Squadron Officer School, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2007 Distinguished graduate, Master of Business Administration, Naval Postgraduate School, Calif.
2008 Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk Naval Base, Va.
2008 Air War College, by correspondence
2012 Distinguished graduate, Master of Science in national resource strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2012 Senior Acquisition Course, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2015 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
2017 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
1. August 1993 - March 1996, Acquisition Officer, Communications Systems Program Office, Scott AFB, Ill.
2. April 1996 - March 1997, Contracts Manager, Human Systems Program Office, Brooks AFB, Texas
3. April 1997 - February 1999, Contracting Officer and Acting Chief, Services Branch, Operational
Contracting, 311th Human Systems Wing, Brooks AFB, Texas
4. February 1999 - May 2000, Chief of Operational Contracting, 425th Air Base Squadron, Izmir Air
5. June 2000 - June 2002, Contracting Officer and Contracts Manager, Military Satellite Communications Terminal Programs Office, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
6.June 2002 - July 2004, Chief of Major Command Investigations and Chief of Training Development and Support, Secretary of the Air Force, Office of the Inspector General, Complaints Resolution Directorate, Washington D.C.
7. July 2004 - May 2006, Commander, 35th Contracting Squadron, Misawa Air Base, Japan
8. June 2006 - December 2007, Student, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
9. January 2008 - March 2008, Student, Joint Forces Staff College, JCWS, Norfolk Naval Base, Va.
10. March 2008 - June 2010, Executive Officer and Deputy Chief of Distribution Process Owner (DPO) Program Integration Branch; Strategy, Policy, Programs and Logistics Directorate (TCJ5/4), US Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
11.June 2010 - July 2011, Commander, Air Education and Training Command Contracting Squadron, Directorate of Logistics, Installations and Mission Support, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas
12. July 2011 - June 2012, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, National Defense
University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
13. June 2012 - February 2013, Deputy Director for Contracting, Air Force Life Cycle Management
Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. March 2013 - March 2014, Senior Contracting Official-Afghanistan, U.S. Central Command Joint Theater Support Contracting Command, New Kabul Compound, Kabul, Afghanistan
15. April 2014 - May 2014, Special Assistant to the Director for Contracting, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
16. June 2014 - May 2016, Commander, Defense Contract Management Agency Twin Cities, Bloomington, Minn.
17. June 2016 - August 2017, Commander, DCMA Western Region, Carson, Calif.
18. September 2017 - May 2018, Principal Military Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
19. May 2018 - present, Commander, Air Force Installation Contracting Agency, Air Force Installation and Mission Support Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. March 2008 - June 2010, Executive Officer and Deputy Chief of DPO Program Integration Branch; Strategy, Policy, Programs and Logistics Directorate, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill., as a major and lieutenant colonel
2. March 2013 - March 2014, Senior Contracting Official-Afghanistan, USCENTCOM Joint Theater Support Contracting Command, Kabul, Afghanistan, as a colonel
3. June 2014 - May 2016, Commander, DCMA Twin Cities, Bloomington, Minn., as a colonel
4. June 2016 - May 2018, Commander, DCMA Western Region, Carson, Calif., as a colonel
5. September 2017 - May 2018, Principal Military Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATION
Defense Superior Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Co-author, "Employing Organizational Modeling and Simulation of the KC-135 Depot’s Flight Controls Repair Cell," Defense Acquisition Review Journal, April 2008
2000 Contracting, Level III
2001 Certified Federal Contracts Manager, National Contract Management Association
2010 Program Management, Level I
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 2, 1993
First Lieutenant June 2, 1995
Captain June 2, 1997
Major September 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel September 1, 2008
Colonel October 1, 2013
Brigadier General October 2, 2018
(Current as of September 2018)