Ms. Teresa R. Bickett, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is Director, Budget Investment, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Financial Management and Comptroller, Washington, D.C. Ms. Bickett plans, directs and supervises the budget formulation and financial execution of Air Force procurement, research, development, test and evaluation, military construction, family housing and Base Realignment and Closure appropriations that total more than $67 billion annually.
Ms. Bickett entered federal civil service in 1985 as a Logistician at Kelly Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. She moved to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio in 1992 and has held a variety of financial management and logistics leadership positions at Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command, Air Force Life Cycle Logistics Center and the Air Force Research Laboratory.
Prior to her current position, she served as Deputy Director of Financial Management, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. There she was the command’s chief financial civilian and was responsible for the financial planning and fiscal execution of more than 35% of the Air Force appropriated budget, to include the Air Force’s research, development, test, acquisitions and sustainment programs.
1984 Bachelor of Business, Accounting/Business Data Systems, University of Texas, San Antonio
1992 Master of Business Administration, University of Texas, San Antonio
1997 Professional Military Comptroller School, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2005 Emerging Leader Program, University of Dayton Center for Leadership and Executive Development, Dayton, Ohio
2016 Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 Senior Leader Orientation Course, Andrews AFB, Md.
2018 Advanced Professional Executive (APEX) Course, Washington, D.C.
1. 1985–1987, Inventory and Production Management Specialist, San Antonio-Air Logistics Center, Kelly Air Force Base, Texas
2. 1987–1989, Information Management Specialist, SA-ALC, Kelly AFB, Texas
3. 1989–1992, Logistics Management Specialist, Business Office, SA-ALC, Kelly AFB, Texas
4. 1992–1995, Maintenance Specialist, Depot Maintenance Division, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. 1995–1997, Budget Analyst, Planning, Programming, and Budgeting System Integration Branch, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. 1997–1999, Supervisory Maintenance Specialist, Interservice Branch, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. 1999–2003, Air Force Budget Lead-GSD, Working Capital Fund Division, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. 2003–2006, Chief, Reimbursable/Cost Reporting Branch, Air Vehicles, AFRL, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. 2006–2009, Budget Chief, 303rd Aeronautical Systems Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. 2009–2009, Chief Financial Officer, Alternative Fuels Certification Office, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. 2009–2015, Chief Financial Management, F-22 System Program Office, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. 2015–2018, Chief, Centralized Asset Management Division (FM), AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. 2018–2021, Deputy Director, Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. 2021–present, Director, Budget Investments, Deputy Assistant Secretary (Budget), Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Financial Management and Comptroller, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
2002 Notable Achievement Award
2006 Special Acts or Service Award
2008 Aeronautical Systems Center Financial Management and Comptroller Award Senior Budget
2009 Exemplary Civilian Service Award
2009 Distinguished Award in Business Management and Acquisition, American Society of Military Comptroller
2021 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS, ASSOCIATIONS and CERTIFICATIONS
DoD Financial Management Certification, Level III
Certified Defense Financial Manager
Business, Cost Estimating, and Financial Management, Level III
Information Technology, Level II
Life Cycle Logistics, Level I
(Current as of October 2021)