Brig. Gen. Michelle Hayworth is the Director of Command, Control, Communications and Cyber (C4) Systems, for U.S. Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. Additionally, she is the USTRANSCOM Deputy Director for Cyberspace Operations. She is responsible for the planning, integration, operations and maintenance of USTRANSCOM’s C4 systems, cyberspace operations and effects. She also serves as the command’s chief information officer, responsible for the investment strategy for all information technology resources.
Brig. Gen. Hayworth was commissioned through Officer
Training School. She has held assignments on the Joint Staff, wing, major command and field operating agency level in Pacific Air Forces, U.S. Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa, Air Combat Command and Air Force Space Command.
1992 Bachelor of Science, Mathematics, University of Nebraska, Omaha
1996 Master of Arts, Computer Resources and Information Management, Webster University, St. Louis 1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
1999 Squadron Officer School, Distinguished Graduate, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Master of Arts, Organizational Management, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C. 2003 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2005 Master of Military Operational Art and Science, Distinguished Graduate, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2011 Master of Strategic Studies, Graduate with Academic Distinction, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. January 1994–December 1996, Command, Control, Communications and Computer Concepts Development Officer and Executive Officer, Headquarters Air Force Communications Agency, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
2. January 1997–July 1999, Operations Officer and Commander, Mission Systems Flight, 1st Communications Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
3. August 1999–May 2001, Air Force Intern, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
4. June 2001–May 2002, Commander, Base Systems Flight, 1st Combat Communications Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
5. June 2002–May 2003, Commander, Combat Support Flight, 1st Combat Communications Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
6. June 2003–June 2004, Special Action Officer to Commander, United States Air Forces in Europe,
Ramstein AB, Germany
7. July 2004–May 2005, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2005–June 2007, Commander, 354th Communications Squadron, Eielson AFB, Alaska
9. June 2007–June 2008, Unified Combatant Command Liaison Officer, the Joint Staff, C4 Systems Directorate, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
10. June 2008–June 2009, Deputy Division Chief, Combatant Command Support Division, the Joint Staff, C4 Systems Directorate, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
11. July 2009–May 2010, Commander, 15th Communications Squadron, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
12. May 2010–July 2010, Commander, 747th Communications Squadron, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
13. July 2010–July 2011, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
14. July 2011–July 2013, Commander, 690th Network Support Group, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
15. August 2013–July 2015, Director, Communications, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
16. July 2015–July 2017, Commander, 688th Cyberspace Wing, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
17. July 2017–June 2018, Deputy Director of Integrated Air, Space, Cyberspace and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Operations, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
18. June 2018–October 2019, Vice Commander, Twenty-Fourth Air Force; and Vice Commander, Air Force Cyber, JB San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
19. October 2019–July 2020, Vice Commander, Sixteenth Air Force (Air Forces Cyber), JB San Antonio Lackland, Texas
20. July 2020–present, Director, Command, Control, Communications, and Cyber (C4) Systems and Deputy Director for Cyberspace Operations, U.S. Transportation Command (TCJ6), Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 28, 1993
First Lieutenant July 28, 1995
Captain July 28, 1997
Major Dec. 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 1, 2007
Colonel Sept. 1, 2011
Brigadier General July 3, 2018
(Current as of September 2020)