Brig. Gen. Jeffrey R. King is the Commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. As the Commander, he leads a team of more than 10,000 military and civilian professionals delivering combat power for America. The complex performs programmed depot maintenance and modifications on KC-46, KC-135, B-1B, B-52, E-3 and Navy E6 aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul for F100, F101, F108, F110, F117, F118, F119, F135, TF33 engines and a wide variety of commodities for the Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and foreign military sales. He is responsible for the development and sustainment of a diverse portfolio of mission critical software for the Air Force and diverse other customers as well as world-wide aircraft battle damage repair capability for multiple weapon systems.
Brig. Gen. King entered the Air Force in 1993 after receiving his commission as a distinguished graduate of the Air Force ROTC program at Loyola Marymount University. He is a career aircraft maintenance officer with broadening through the Acquisitions and Logistics Experience Exchange Tour program.
Brig. Gen. King commanded at the Squadron, Group and Wing levels, and served in a variety of maintenance, logistics and acquisitions positions at the Wing, Center, Major Command and Headquarters Air Force levels. He has deployed in support of operations Southern Watch, Northern Watch, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.
1993 Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
2000 Squadron Officer School, Distinguished Graduate, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2001 Master of Arts, Business Administration, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Va.
2006 Master of Science, Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Master of Science, National Security Strategy, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2015 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Learning, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1. October 1993–May 1995, Officer in Charge, Aircraft Maintenance Flight and Fabrication Flight Commander, 1st Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
2. May 1995–March 1996, Chief of Gold Flag, 1st Logistics Support Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
3. March 1996–May 1997, Sortie Support Flight Commander, 27th Fighter Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
4. May 1997–April 2000, Sortie Generation Flight Commander, 67th Fighter Squadron, Kadena Air Base, Japan
5. April 2000–June 2001, F-16 Support Systems Team Chief, F-16 System Program Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. June 2001–June 2002, Assistant to the Commander, Aeronautical Systems Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. June 2002–June 2003, F-22 Site Activation Team Lead, F-22 SPO, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. June 2003–September 2003, Maintenance Operations Flight Commander, 33rd Maintenance Operations Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
9. September 2003–August 2005, Maintenance Operations Officer, 33rd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
10. August 2005–July 2006, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. July 2006–June 2008, Commander, 3rd Component Maintenance Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
12. July 2008–May 2010, Chief, Congressional Branch and Chief, Logistics Panel Branch, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installations, and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
13. June 2010–July 2011, Chief, Execution Team, SECAF/CSAF Executive Action Group, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
14. August 2011–June 2012, Student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
15. July 2012–July 2013, Commander, 455th Expeditionary Maintenance Group, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan
16. August 2013–May 2015, Commander, 18th Maintenance Group, Kadena AB, Japan
17. June 2015–July 2017, Commander, 78th Air Base Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
18. August 2017–April 2018, Associate Director of Resource Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
19. May 2018–June 2020, Director of Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
20. July 2020–present, Commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Complex, Tinker AFB, Okla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with valor device and oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 7, 1993
First Lieutenant July 16, 1995
Captain July 16, 1997
Major Nov. 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 1, 2007
Colonel July 1, 2012
Brigadier General Aug. 17, 2018
(Current as of July 2020)