Brig. Gen. Scheid P. Hodges is the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Eighth Air Force and Joint Global Strike Operations Center at Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana. He is responsible for assisting the commander in the management of “The Mighty Eighth,” consisting of the nation’s bomber and nuclear command and control assets.
Brig. Gen. Hodges is a distinguished graduate from Louisiana Tech University Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps. He earned his wings at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas, and served as a T-38 First Assignment Instructor Pilot, F-16 Flight Lead and KC-135R Instructor Pilot. He has performed staff tours at the U.S. Joint Forces Command, Standing Joint Force Headquarters – Homeland Security, Seventh Air Force Headquarters and Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. He has commanded multiple stateside and expeditionary squadrons and also served as a wing Vice Commander. He has logged more than 4,300 military flying hours in five aircraft, with a total of 349 flying combat hours in support of operations Northern Watch, Iraqi Freedom, and Enduring Freedom. In his civilian capacity, Brig. Gen. Hodges is a captain for a major commercial airline.
Prior to his current assignment, Brig. Gen. Hodges served as the Special Assistant to the Chief Air Force Reserve and Military Deputy to the Directorate of Total Force Integration, Office of the Air Force Director of Staff, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia.
1987 Bachelor of Science, Finance, Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, La.
1988 Master of Business Administration, Management, Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, La.
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
1996 Flight Safety Investigators Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2008 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2015 Director Mobility Forces Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2018 National and International Senior Leaders Seminar, Washington, D.C.
2018 China, Middle East and South Asia Seminar, Washington, D.C.
2018 Senior Leader Security Seminar, Washington, D.C.
2018 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Washington, D.C.
2018 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, University of North Carolina, San Antonio, Texas
2019 Joint Forces Air Component Commanders Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. April 1989–June 1990, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training, 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
2. November 1990–March 1994, T-38 Evaluator, 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. August 1994–March 1995, Student, F-16 Formal Training Unit, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. April 1995–March 1998, F-16 Squadron Safety Officer, 14th Fighter Squadron, Misawa Air Base, Japan
5. April 1998–March 2003, F-16 Fighter Pilot, 184th Fighter Wing, Fort Smith Regional Airport, Ark.
6. March 2003–May 2004, Command Duty Officer, Standing Joint Force Headquarters – Homeland Security, U.S. Joint Forces Command, Norfolk, Va.
7. May 2004–May 2011, Commander, 77th Air Refueling Squadron, Commander 916th Operational Support Flight, 77th Air Refueling Squadron Deputy Operations Officer, Flight Commander, S. Johnson AFB, N.C.
8. May 2011–April 2013, Director of Staff, Chief of Special Programs, Headquarters Air Force, the Pentagon AF/A3OP, Federal Aviation Administration Department of Defense Air Traffic Services Cell, Warrenton, Va.
9. May 2013–April 2016, Vice Commander, 459th Air Refueling Wing, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
10. April 2016–October 2018, Mobilization Assistant to the Vice Commander, Seventh Air Force, Pacific Air Forces, Osan AB, South Korea
11. October 2018–October 2019, Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Current Operations, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
12. October 2019–December 2020, Special Assistant to the Chief Air Force Reserve and Military Deputy to the Directorate of Total Force Integration, Office of the Air Force Director of Staff, U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
13. December 2020–present, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, Eighth Air Force and Joint-Global Strike Operations Center, Barksdale AFB, La.
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 4,300 military, 9,800 civilian
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, AT-38, F-16, KC-135R Boeing 737, 757, 767, 777 and Airbus 319, 320
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Long
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Longevity Service Ribbon with three oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with ‘M’ device and oak leaf cluster
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship and Ribbon (pistol)
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 21, 1988
First Lieutenant May 21, 1990
Captain Nov. 10, 1992
Major Sept. 15, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel March 18, 2006
Colonel May 15, 2011
Brigadier General Dec. 5, 2017
(Current as of June 2021)