Brig. Gen. Scheid P. Hodges serves as the Mobilization Assistant to Director of Current Operations, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Arlington, Virginia. The directorate, encompassing five divisions, the Air Force Operations Group and the Air Force Flight Standards Agency is responsible for policy, guidance and oversight of Air Force current operations in air, space and cyberspace. The Directorate provides time-sensitive situational awareness and analysis to Air Force senior leaders and links worldwide operations with core Air Force processes to enable global vigilance, reach and power.
General Hodges graduated from Louisiana Tech University and Air Force ROTC in 1988. He earned his wings at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas, and served as a T-38 First Assignment Instructor Pilot, F-16 Fighter Pilot and KC-135R Instructor Pilot. He has performed staff tours at the U.S. Joint Forces Command and the Standing Joint Force Headquarters - Homeland Security, Norfolk, Virginia, and Headquarters Air Force/A3OP, the Pentagon. He has commanded two squadrons, served as the deployed 90th Expeditionary Air Reserve Squadron Commander and Wing Vice Commander. He has logged over 4,300 military flying hours in five aircraft flying 349 combat hours in support of operations Northern Watch, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.
1987 Bachelor of Science, Finance, Louisiana Tech University
1988 Masters of Business Administration, Management, Louisiana Tech University
1995 Squadron Officers School, by correspondence
1996 Flight Safety Investigators Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2008 Air War College, by correspondence
2015 Director Mobility Forces Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2018 National and International Senior Leaders Seminar, Washington, D.C.
1. April 1989 - June 1990, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training, 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. November 1990 - March 1994, T-38 Evaluator, 80th Flying Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. August 1994 - March 1995, Student, F-16 Formal Training Unit, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. April 1995 - March 1998, F-16 Squadron Safety Officer, 14th Fighter Squadron, Misawa Air Base, Japan
5. April 1998 - March 2003, F-16 Fighter Pilot, 184th Fighter Wing, Fort Smith Regional Airport, Ark.
6. March 2003 - May 2004, Command Duty Officer, Standing Joint Force Headquarters – Homeland Security, U.S. Joint Forces Command, Norfolk, Va.
7. May 2004 - May 2011, Commander, 77th Air Refueling Squadron, Commander, 916th Operational Support Flight, 77th Air Refueling Squadron Deputy Operations Officer, Flight Commander, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
8. May 2011 - April 2013, Director of Staff, Chief of Special Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon AF/A3OP, FAA DoD Air Traffic Services Cell, Warrenton, Va.
9. May 2013 - April 2016, Vice Commander, 459th Air Refueling Wing, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
10. April 2016 – Oct 2018, Mobilization Assistant to the Vice Commander, Seventh Air Force, Pacific Air Forces, Osan AB, South Korea
11. Oct 2018 – present, Mobilization Assistant to Director of Current Operations, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, HQ USAF, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
Rating: command pilot
Flight Hours: more than 4,300 military, 7,700 civilian
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-38, AT-38, F-16, KC135R Boeing 737, 757, 767, 777, Airbus 319, 320
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with six oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Long
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Longevity Service Ribbon with three oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with ‘M’ device and oak leaf cluster
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship and Ribbon (pistol)
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 21, 1988
First Lieutenant May 21, 1990
Captain Nov. 10, 1992
Major Sept. 15, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel March 18, 2006
Colonel May 15, 2011
Brigadier General December 5, 2017
(Current as of November 2018)