Brig. Gen. Christopher A. Freeman is the Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Operations, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia. He augments the A3 Director responsible to the Commander, ACC, on all matters pertaining to the direct operational planning, training, command and controlling functions to deploy and employ regular and Reserve component combat air forces, including more than 1,900 aircraft, in support of U.S. security objectives.
Brig. Gen. Freeman earned his commission from the Air Force ROTC program at the University of Alabama in 1992 as a Distinguished Graduate. After pilot training, the general completed F-111 training at Cannon Air Force Base, New Mexico and graduated as the Academic Award, Top Gun pilot and as the Distinguished Graduate. He later transitioned to the F-15E airframe. Since then, he has held numerous squadron and wing leadership and command positions. He was also selected as the first Regular Component Air Force officer to command an Air Force Reserve Command Total Force Integration Classic Association Fighter Squadron consisting of F-15E and F-16CJ operations, intelligence and maintenance personnel at two geo-separated locations.
Brig. Gen. Freeman is a command pilot with more than 3,100 hours in the F-111, EF-111, and F-15E.
1992 Bachelor of Science, Biology, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
1997 Squadron Officer School, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2005 Master of Business Administration, Administrative Management in Military Science, Trident University International, Calif.
2006 Air Command and Staff College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Air War College Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. May 1993–July 1994, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance Air Force Base, Okla.
2. November 1994–February 1998, Chief, Safety, EF-111 Multi-ship Flight Lead, 429th Electrical Combat Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
3. February 1998–July 1998, Student, F-15E Transition Course, 333rd Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
4. July 1998–July 2001, Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander, 336th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
5. July 2001–February 2004, Evaluator Pilot, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 333rd Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
6. February 2004–February 2005, F-15S Instructor Pilot, Extended Training Service Specialist, United States Military Training Mission, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
7. February 2005–June 2006, Student, Air Command and Staff Collage, Air University Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. July 2006–February 2008, Chief, Direct Attack Weapons, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
9. February 2008–April 2009, Executive Officer to the Vice Commander ACC, Langley AFB, Va.
10. May 2009–July 2010, Director of Operations, 333rd Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
11. October 2010–October 2012, Commander, 307th FS, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
12. January 2013–March 2013, Commander, 414th Maintenance Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
13. March 2013–July 2014, Deputy Commander, 414th Fighter Group, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
14. July 2014–December 2017, Commander, 414th FG, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
15. December 2017–August 2020, Reserve Deputy Director of Operations (J3), United States Southern Command, Miami, Fla.
16. August 2020–July 2021, Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Plans, Programs and Requirements Headquarters ACC, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
17. July 2021-present, Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Operations, Headquarters ACC, JB Langley-Eustis, Va.
Rating: command pilot
Flight Hours: more than 3,100
Aircraft flown: F-111, EF-111, F-15E
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Distinguished Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Nov. 5, 1992
First Lieutenant Nov. 5, 1994
Captain Nov. 5, 1996
Major May 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2008
Colonel Oct. 1, 2013
Brigadier General Dec. 12, 2018
(Current as of August 2021)