Mr. Paul Waugh is the Program Executive Officer and Director for the Agile Combat Support Directorate at the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He leads more than 1,600 military and civilian personnel and is responsible for executing $5.1 billion in Air Force funds annually. The Directorate’s six Program Offices, located primarily at Wright-Patterson AFB, Warner Robins AFB, Georgia and Heath, Ohio, provide materiel solutions, acquisition and sustainment life cycle management for simulators, support equipment and vehicles, electronic warfare and avionics, human systems, automatic test systems and metrology and calibration to meet Air Force operational needs. Prior to coming to Agile Combat Support, Mr. Waugh was Deputy Director of Air Delivered Capabilities Directorate, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, New Mexico, where he enabled the acquisition and sustainment of air delivered nuclear weapon systems and extended deterrence systems in support of the nation's nuclear deterrence operations.
During his Air Force career, Mr. Waugh excelled in a variety of fields including engineering, program management, training, and logistics. He was the Chief of the Propulsion Sustainment Division, managed the Propulsion Program for the Joint Strike Fighter, served as the Deputy Director for the Joint Unmanned Combat Air System (J-UCAS) Program Office, and was also the Program Manager for the X-47. He commanded at the Detachment, Group, and Wing level, and retired from active duty as Vice Commander of the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center.
Mr. Waugh entered federal civil service in March 2011 as a senior program manager and assumed his current position in April 2019.
1983 Bachelor of Science, Metallurgical Engineering, Iowa State University
1987 Squadron Officer’s School, Distinguished Graduate, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1988 Master of Business Administration, Management, University of Central Oklahoma
1994 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1997 Advanced Program Management Course (PMT 302), Defense Acquisition University, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2002 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2002 Masters of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Program Manager’s Course (PMT 401), Defense Acquisition University, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2008 Executive Program Manager’s Course (PMT 402), Defense Acquisition University, Fort Belvoir, Va.
Level III, Program Manager, APDP
Level II, Test and Evaluation, APDP
1. October 1983 – June 1988, Technical Activities Management Engineer, Group Leader, Director of Maintenance, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker Air Force Base, Okla.
2. July 1988 – September 1990, Flight Commander, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
3. September 1990 – June 1991, Deputy Chief, Training Division, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
4. June 1991 – September 1992, F-110/F-16 Engine Test Manager, Subsystems System Program Office, Aeronautical System Center, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. September 1992 – August 1993, F-110/F-16 Engine Integration Manager, Subsystems System Program Office, Aeronautical System Center, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. August 1993 – June 1994, Executive Officer to the Vice Commander, Aeronautical System Center, AFMC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. August 1994 – June 1995, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 1995 – December 1997, Precision Guided Munitions Program Element Monitor, Directorate of Global Power, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Acquisition), Arlington, Va.
9. January 1998 – October 1998, F-16 Program Element Monitor, Directorate of Global Power, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Acquisition), Arlington, Va.
10. November 1998 – July 2001, Joint Strike Fighter, Deputy Program Manager for Propulsion, JSF Joint Program Office, Aeronautical System Center, AFMC, Arlington, Va.
11. August 2001 – July 2002, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. July 2002 – January 2004, Commander, Detachment 3, Aeronautical Systems Center, AFMC, Patrick AFB, Fla.
13. January 2004 – July 2005, Deputy Director Joint Unmanned Air Combat System, X-47 Program Manager, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, Arlington, Va.
14. July 2005 – August 2006, Commander, 327th Contractor Logistics Sustainment Group, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
15. August 2006 – July 2009, Commander, 327th Aircraft Sustainment Wing, OC-ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
16. July 2009 – November 2010, Vice Commander, OC-ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
17. March 2011 – July 2011, Senior Program Manager, Propulsion Sustainment Division, OC-ALC, Tinker AFB, Okla.
18. July 2011 – July 2015, Chief, Propulsion Sustainment Division, AFLCMC/LPS (formerly OC-ALC), Tinker AFB, Okla.
19. July 2015 – April 2019, Deputy Director, Air Capabilities Directorate, AFNWC/ND, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
20. April 2019 – present, Program Executive Officer and Director, Agile Combat Support Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFMC), Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Collier Trophy – Joint Strike Fighter Team – 2001
Air Force Exemplary Civilian Service Award
Air Force Meritorious Civilian Service Award
(Current as of May 2019)