Mr. Robert D. Helgeson is a member of the Senior Executive Service currently serving as the Deputy Director for Logistics and Engineering, United States Central Command CCJ4. He is responsible for providing executive leadership for logistics operations, oversight, policy and planning associated with supply, maintenance, distribution, strategic movement and transportation, logistics services, operational engineering, base development and operating support, operational contract support and oversight, multi-national logistics, and wartime host nation support coordination and planning in the USCENTCOM area of responsibility.
1988 Bachelor of Science, Management, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
1992 Master of Science, Logistics Management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Dayton, Ohio
2001 Master of Science, Military Arts & Sciences, Air Command and Staff College, Montgomery, Ala.
2007 Master of Science, National Resource Strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Washington, D.C.
1. February 1989–June 1992, Logistics Plans Officer, Air Defense Weapons Center, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
2. June 1992–September 1993, Graduate Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. September 1993–September 1997, Logistics Staff Officer, Headquarters Air Combat Command/A4, Langley AFB, Va.
4. September 1997–June 2000, Squadron Maintenance Officer, 355th Wing, Davis-Mothan AFB, Ariz.
5. June 2000–June 2001, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
6. June 2001–July 2002, Commander, 86th Transportation Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
7. July 2002–July 2004, Commander, 86th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
8. July 2004–July 2006, Logistics Staff Officer, Headquarters U.S. Air Force A4/7, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
9. July 2006–Jun 2007, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
10. November 2007–November 2008, J4 Plans Officer, Multi-National Force-Iraq, Camp Victory, Iraq
11. November 2008–July 2010, Director, Repair Network Integration, Headquarters Air Force Materiel Command A4, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. July 2010–October 2013, Commander, 76th Propulsion Maintenance Group, Tinker AFB, Okla.
13. October 2013–July 2016, Director, GS14-1601, Aircraft Production Manager, 566th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
14. July 2016–August 2018, Director, GS15-1601, 76th Propulsion Maintenance Group, Tinker AFB, Okla.
15. August 2018–present, Deputy Director, ES-0301, Logistics and Engineering, U.S. Central Command CCJ4, MacDill AFB, Fla.
MAJOR AWARDS AND HONORS
DoD Distinguished Civilian Service Award
Air Force Exemplary Civilian Service Award
Legion of Merit
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Civilian Strategic Leader Program
Six Sigma Black Belt, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
USAF Safety and Accident Investigation Board President Course
(Current as of February 2021)