Robert Brisson, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Deputy Director of Operations, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. USTRANSCOM is a global combatant command with functional responsibilities for air, land and sea transportation for the Department of Defense, ultimately delivering national objectives on behalf of the President and Secretary of Defense.
Mr. Brisson’s government career began when he entered the Air Force as an enlisted Airman in 1982. He received his commission in the Air Force in 1990 and then went on the Undergraduate Pilot Training. He is a command pilot with more than 4,500 flying hours and has served in numerous supervisory and leadership positions, to include commander of the 60th Operations Support Squadron, Travis Air Force Base, California, and commander of the 447th Expeditionary Operations Support Squadron, Baghdad, Iraq.
He has deployed in support of numerous operations, to include most recently, Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. His previous USTRANSCOM experience includes military deputy director, J6, Chief, Operations Division, J3 and Chief, Support Division, J3. In his most recent active duty assignment, he was the Chief of the Strategic Planning Division at Headquarters Air Mobility Command. Mr. Brisson retired from the Air Force in September 2015.
1989 Bachelor of Science, State University of New York, Albany
1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2000 Master’s degree, Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
2005 Master’s degree, Military Operational Arts and Science, Air Command & Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2010 Master’s degree, Joint Campaign Planning and Strategy, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. December 1982–January 1983, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. January 1983–February 1983, Student, Combat Crew Survival Training, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
3. March 1983–August 1983, Student, KC-135 Combat Crew Training School, Castle AFB, Calif.
4. August 1983–July 1986, Inflight Refueling Technician, 7th Air Refueling Squadron, Carswell AFB, Texas
5. July 1986–October 1989, Manpower Management Technician, 3904 Management Engineering Squadron, Detachment 5, Barksdale AFB, La.
6. October 1989–April 1990, Candidate, Officer Training School, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
7. May 1990–May 1991, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 96th and 99th Flying Training Squadron, Williams AFB, Ariz.
8. October 1991–February 1994, KC-135 Evaluator and Training Pilot, 28th Air Refueling Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
9. March 1994–August 1995, KC-10 Aircraft Commander, 744th Air Refueling Squadron, Seymour-Johnson AFB, N.C.
10. September 1995–May 1998, KC-10 Operation Group Flight Examiner and Chief of KC-10 Aircrew Standardization and Evaluation, Travis AFB, Calif.
11. May 1998–April 1999, Chief, Counter Drug Plans, Joint Inter-Agency South, Air Support Operations Group, Howard AFB, Panama
12. May 1999–July 2003, Chief, KC-10 Standardization and Evaluation Pilot, Executive Officer to the Director of Operation, Headquarters 15th Air Force, Travis AFB, Calif.
13. July 2003–June 2004, Assistant Flight Commander, 15th Air Mobility Operations Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
14. July 2004–June 2005, Student, Air Command & Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
15. June 2005–March 2006, Air Mobility Operation Officer, Tanker Airlift Control Center, Scott AFB,
16. March 2006–March 2007, Executive Officer to the Vice Commander, Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
17. June 2007–May 2009, Commander, 60th Operational Support Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
18. July 2009–June 2010, Student, Joint Advanced Warfighting School, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
19. June 2010–April 2012, Chief, Support Division, Operations and Plans Directorate, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
20. April 2012–Sep 2013, Chief, Operations Division, Operations and Plans Directorate, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
21. September 2013–September 2014, Military Deputy Director, Command, Control, Communications and Cyber Systems Directorate, USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
22. September 2014–August 2015, Chief, Strategic Planning Division, Directorate of Strategic Plans, Requirements and Programs, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
23. September 2015–July 2016, Program Manager, C5T Corporation, Scott AFB, Ill.
24. July 2016–September 2019, Deputy Director for Programs and Readiness (TCJ3), USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
25. September 2019–present Deputy Director of Operations, (TCJ3), USTRANSCOM, Scott AFB, Ill.
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 4,500
Aircraft flown: KC-10, KC-135, T-37 and T-38
AWARDS AND HONORS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with “V” device and eight oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with star device
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with star device
Iraqi Campaign Medal with star device
John L. Levitow Award
Outstanding Young Men of America, 1986
(Current as of September 2019)