Brig. Gen. David Mineau is the Director of Current Operations, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Headquarters U.S Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia. The directorate, encompassing six divisions, the Air Force Operations Group and the Air Force Flight Standards Agency is responsible for policy, guidance and oversight of Air Force current operations in air, space and cyberspace. The directorate provides time-sensitive situational awareness and analysis to Air Force senior leaders and links worldwide operations with core Air Force processes to enable global vigilance, reach and power.
Brig. Gen. Mineau received his commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1994. He is a graduate of the School of Advanced Air and Space Studies and is a command pilot with more than 2,100 flying hours in the F-15C Eagle, F-16C Fighting Falcon, HH-60 Pave Hawk, KC-135 Stratotanker and E-3 Sentry. He has flown combat sorties over Iraq in support of operations Southern Watch and Desert Fox; deployed to Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Iraq; and commanded a squadron, group and wing.
1994 Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1996 Master of Science, Aeronautical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle
2000 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2006 Master of Science, Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master of Science, Airpower Art and Science, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Master of Strategic Studies, Marine Corps War College, Quantico, Va.
1. June 1994‒March 1996, Graduate Student, University of Washington, Seattle, Wash.
2. April 1996‒June 1997, Student, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus Air Force Base, Miss.
3. July 1997‒January 1998, Student, F-15C Formal Training Unit, 95th Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
4. February 1998‒February 2001, F-15C Flight Lead and Chief of Squadron Standardization and Evaluation, 60th Fighter Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
5. March 2001‒September 2003, F-15C Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander, and Chief of Programing, 1st Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
6. September 2003‒June 2005, F-15C Instructor Pilot and Flight Commander, 85th Operations Squadron, Naval Air Station Keflavik, Iceland
7. July 2005‒June 2006, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2006‒June 2007, Student, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. June 2007–June 2009, Deputy Chief of Combat Plans and Chief of Strategy, 612th Air and Space Operations Center, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
10. June 2009–July 2012, Chief of Safety, 18th Wing and Commander, 18th Operations Support Squadron, Kadena Air Base, Japan
11. July 2012–July 2013, Student, Marine Corps War College, Quantico, Va.
12. July 2013–June 2014, Security Assistance Initiatives, Political-Military Affairs Liaison, and Chief, Air Force Security Assistance, Office of Security Cooperation, Iraq
13. August 2014–July 2016, Commander, 18th Operations Group, Kadena AB, Japan
14. July 2016–July 2018, Commander 354th Fighter Wing, Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska
15. July 2018–June 2019, Director, Joint and National Security Council Matters, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
16. June 2019–present, Director of Current Operations, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2013–June 2014, Security Assistance Initiatives, Political-Military Affairs Liaison, and Chief, Air Force Security Assistance, Office of Security Cooperation, Iraq, as a colonel (frocked)
Pilot Flight hours: more than 2,100
Aircraft flown: F-15 A/C, F-16C, HH-60G, E-3, KC-135
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1994
First Lieutenant June 1, 1996
Captain June 1, 1998
Major July 1, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel June 1, 2008
Colonel Sep. 1, 2014
Brigadier General, Oct. 2, 2019
(Current as of October 2019)