Maj. Gen. Kennett is the Air National Guard Assistant to the Commander, Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. He is responsible for advising the Commander and staff on all Air Mobility issues impacting the Air National Guard. He ensures requirements for the Air National Guard are included in all planning, programming and execution phases of Air Mobility Command mission elements: airlift, aerial refueling, special air mission and aeromedical evacuation. He is responsible for coordination of Air National Guard issues through the Director of the Air National Guard.
Maj. Gen. Kennett was commissioned in Texas through Officer Training School in January of 1987. He has served in various capacities throughout his career including Instructor Pilot, Evaluator Pilot, Air Force One Advance Agent, Airborne Emergency Action Officer, Tennessee National Guard’s Chief of Staff – Air. Prior to his current assignment, Maj. Gen. Kennett served as the Air National Guard Assistant to the Commander of 18th Air Force and North Carolina National Guard’s Assistant Adjutant General for Air.
1985 Bachelor of Science, Engineering, Arkansas State University, Jonesboro
1993 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
1995 Master of Arts, Computer Information Management, Webster University, St. Louis
2000 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2007 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2015 Interim Guard Senior Leader Training, National Guard Bureau, in residence
2015 Level IV Antiterrorism Executive Training, Falls Church, Va.
2015 Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st Century, Executive Leadership Course, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
2016 Senior Leader Nuclear Management Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2016 Senior Leader Orientation Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2017 National Security Studies Management Course, Syracuse University, New York
2018 Homeland Security Executive Seminar, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. January 1987–December 1987, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin Air
Force Base, Texas
2. December 1987–July 1991, T-38 Instructor Pilot, 86th Flying Training Squadron, Laughlin AFB, Texas
3. September 1991–June 1994, KC-135 Instructor Pilot and Executive Officer to the
Commander, 712th Air Refueling Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
4. June 1994–July 1995, Major Command Chief, Regional Operations, 618th Tanker Airlift Control Center, Scott AFB, Ill.
5. July 1995–October 1996, Air Mobility Command Test Manager, Scott AFB, Ill.
6. October 1996–November 1999, C-5 Galaxy Flight Examiner, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 22nd Airlift Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.; additional duty, February 1997–April 1999, Air Force One Advance Agent, Travis AFB, Calif.
7. November 1999–January 2001, Chief, C-5 Pilot Evaluator, Fifteenth Air Force, Travis AFB, Calif.
8. January 2001–May 2004, C-141 Evaluator Pilot, 155th Airlift Squadron, Memphis, Tenn. (Jan 02–Oct 02, C-141 Evaluator Pilot, Ramstein, Germany)
9. May 2004–September 2004, C-141 Starlifter Evaluator Pilot, Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, 164th Operations Group, Memphis, Tenn.
10. September 2004–August 2006, Operations Officer, 155th Airlift Squadron, Memphis, Tenn.
11. August 2006–September 2008, Commander, 164th Operations Group, Memphis, Tenn.
12. September 2008–April 2011, Air National Guard Advisor to the Director of Operations, Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
13. April 2011–August 2013, Air National Guard Advisor to the Commander, Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
14. August 2013–January 2015, Vice Wing Commander, 164th Airlift Wing, Memphis, Tenn.
15. February 2015–December 2016, Chief of Staff - Air, Joint Force Headquarters,
Nashville, Tenn., (August 15–August 16, Director of Mobility Forces, Joint Base
Pearl Harbor Hickam, Hawaii; August 16–September 16, Director of Mobility Forces, United States Forces - Korea, Osan Air Base, South Korea)
16. December 2016–April 2017, Special Assistant to The Adjutant General, Joint Force
Headquarters, Nashville, Tenn.
17. April 2017–March 2019, Assistant Adjutant General for Air, Joint Force Headquarters, Raleigh, N.C.; dual-hatted, April 2017–March 2019, Assistant to the Commander, Eighteenth Air Force, Scott Air Force Base, Ill. (August 2017–October 2017, Director of Mobility Forces, Hurricane Evacuation, Response and Recovery, First Air Force, Tyndall AFB, Fla.)
18. April 2019–present, Air National Guard Assistant to the Commander, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
Rating: command Pilot
Flight Hours: more than 5,000
Aircraft flown: C-5, C-17, C-141, KC-135, T-38
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with oak leaf cluster
Kosovo Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Overseas Ribbon-Short
Air Force Longevity Service Award Ribbon with two oak leaf clusters
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon Pistol
Air Force Training Ribbon
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
MD-11 pilot for a global shipping and logistics company flying both domestic and international routes, operating out of Memphis, Tenn.
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan. 16, 1987
First Lieutenant Jan. 16, 1989
Captain Jan. 16, 1991
Major Sept. 1, 1998
Lieutenant Colonel Jan. 10, 2004
Colonel April 29, 2008
Brigadier General Jan. 28, 2015
Major General April 1, 2019
(Current as of February 2020)