Ms. Jacqueline S. Janning-Lask, a member of the Senior Executive Service, is the Director of Engineering and Technical Management and Chief Engineer, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, headquartered at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. She provides wide ranging leadership for ensuring technical supremacy and integrity of all Air Force aircraft, engines, munitions, electronic and business systems.
She is the U.S. Air Force Technical Airworthiness Authority for Air Force weapon systems, and she is leading the transformation to digital engineering to unleash the value of technology disruption and provide rapid capability maturation, delivery and readiness. Ms. Janning-Lask oversees a national engineering organization of 6,000 employees and is responsible for talent acquisition, development, and management of the center’s engineering and technical workforce. She is the executive responsible for installation management of the Air Force-owned industrial plants throughout the nation. She also provides direct warﬁghter support through combat effectiveness, vulnerability, operational weaponeering analyses, product support engineering and sustainment technology innovation.
Ms. Janning-Lask began her federal service in the Aeronautical System Division’s Engineering Directorate in 1988 as a Systems Engineer and she has held numerous management and technical positions within the Air Force Research Laboratory and acquisition communities. She most recently served as Director, Sensors Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB.
1988 Bachelor of Science, Systems Engineering, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
1994 Master of Science, Systems Engineering, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
2004 Master of Business Administration, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
2011 Leadership for a Democratic Society, Federal Executive Institute, Charlottesville, Va.
2019 Air War College, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
1. August 1988–March 1998, Lead Systems Engineer T-1A Ground Based Training System, Joint Primary Aircraft Training System Ground Based Training Information Management System, Aeronautical Systems Division, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
2. March 1998–March 2002, Plans and Programs Engineer, Directorate of Engineering, Aeronautical Systems Center Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. March 2002–May 2003, Technical Expert, Simulators System Program Oﬃce, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. May 2003–June 2004, Sloan Fellow, Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass.
5. June 2004–October 2006, Technical Specialist, Systems Engineering Division, Engineering and Technical Management Directorate, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. October 2006–February 2009, Director of Engineering and Integration, 643rd Electronic Systems Squadron, 554th Electronic Systems Group, ASC, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7. February 2009–December 2011, Strategic Planning and Transformational Initiative Division Chief, Plans and Programs Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. December 2011–April 2015, Chief, Aerospace Components Division, Sensors Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. April 2015–October 2018, Director of Engineering, Agile Combat Support Directorate, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. October 2018–January 2020, Chief, Science and Technology Management Division, Oﬃce of the Deputy Assistant Secretary (Science, Technology and Engineering), the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
11. January 2020–January 2021, Director, Sensors Directorate, AFRL, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. January 2021–present, Director of Engineering and Technical Management and Services, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
2000, 2006 Exemplary Civilian Service Award
2006 Air Force Material Command Mid-Career Level Engineer of the Year
2015, 2019 Meritorious Civilian Service Award
2018 AFCEA Distinguished Award for Excellence in Engineering
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Air Force Association
Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering, Level III
Science and Technology Management, Level III
Program Management, Level I
Test and Evaluation, Level I
(Current as of November 2022)