Brig. Gen. Darrin D. Lambrigger is the Mobilization Assistant to the Air Force Deputy Surgeon General, Office of the Surgeon General, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Falls Church, Virginia. As the Mobilization Assistant, he assists the Deputy Surgeon General in directing the operations of the Air Force Medical Service composed of a $6.1 billion, 44,000-person integrated health care delivery system serving 2.6 million beneficiaries at 76 military treatment facilities worldwide. Included in these functions are clinical operations and quality, aeromedical evacuation, global force management, readiness, strategic medical plans, programs and budget, medical force management, and medical information systems management. Brig. Gen. Lambrigger coordinates AFMS operations through major commands, joint service agencies, the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs), the Defense Health Agency and the Department of Veteran Affairs.
Brig. Gen. Lambrigger received his commission in 1991 through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training program, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California. He has performed over 26 years of active duty and reserve service. He is a registered Professional Engineer in the state of California.
Prior to assuming his current position, Brig. Gen. Lambrigger was the Mobilization Assistant to the Command Surgeon General, Air Combat Command. He has commanded the 452nd Aeromedical Staging Squadron and the 752nd Medical Squadron.
In his civilian capacity, Brig. Gen. Lambrigger serves as the Director of the Construction Management Division at the Port of Long Beach, the second largest marine port in the United States. In this role, he directs the construction phase of the Port’s 10-year Capital Improvement Program valued at $2.4 billion.
1991 Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, Calif.
1994 Master of Science, Civil Engineering, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, Calif.
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala., by correspondence
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2013 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. August 1991–December 1995, Bioastronautical Engineer, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif.
2. April 1999–March 2006, Chief, Bioenvironmental Engineering Services, 752nd Medical Squadron, March Air Reserve Base, Calif.
3. March 2006–October 2010, Assistant Chief, Aerospace Medicine, 752nd Medical Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
4. October 2010–May 2013, Administrator, 752nd Medical Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
5. June 2013–May 2014, Interim Commander, 752nd Medical Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
6. May 2014–December 2014, Interim Commander, 452nd Aeromedical Staging Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
7. December 2014–September 2017, Commander, 452nd Aeromedical Staging Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
8. September 2017–June 2021, Mobilization Assistant to the Command Surgeon, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
9. June 2021–present, Mobilization Assistant to the Air Force Deputy Surgeon General, Defense Health Headquarters, Falls Church, Va.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
(Current as of November 2022)