Brig. Gen. Traci Kueker-Murphy is the Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Integrated Air, Space, Cyberspace and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Operations at Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado. She assists the director with the organization, training, equipping and presentation of globally integrated space forces executing a broad spectrum of missions for combatant commands worldwide.
Brig. Gen. Kueker-Murphy is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin - River Falls and Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville. She commissioned through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps in 1990 and joined the Air Force Reserve in 1998, where she was heavily involved in the early expansion of Reserve space missions. She has commanded at the squadron, group and wing level, and served as Deputy Director of Staff, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command. Brig. Gen. Kueker-Murphy has also served on a Joint Air Component Coordination Element and as the Director of Space Forces for exercise Key Resolve.
1986 Bachelor of Science, Geology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls
1990 Bachelor of Science, Geography, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville
1992 Undergraduate Missile Training, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
1996 Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute, Patrick AFB, Fla.
1997 Master of Science, Geography, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville
1999 Inter-service Space Fundamentals Course, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2000 Advanced Space Operations Course, Schriever AFB, Colo.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2007 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2009 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2011 National Security Decision Making, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
2011 Space Warfighter Preparation Course, National Security Space Institute, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2014 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C., by correspondence
2017 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2019 Middle East and South Asia Seminar, Alan L. Freed Association Inc., Washington, D.C.
2019 Eurozone/Mid-East Asia Course, Alan L. Freed Association Inc., Washington, D.C.
1. June 1991 - December 1993, Missile Combat Crew Deputy and Crew Commander, 446th Missile Squadron, Grand Forks Air Force Base, N.D.
2. December 1993 - May 1995, Missile Combat Crew Commander Instructor, 321st Operations Support Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
3. May 1995 - August 1998, Chief, Social Actions, 314th Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
4. August 1998 - September 2000, Deputy Chief, Plans and Programs, 310th Space Group, Schriever AFB, Colo.
5. September 2000 - July 2005, Chief, Plans and Programs, 310th Space Group, Schriever AFB, Colo.
6. July 2005 - November 2007, Director of Operations, 19th Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
7. November 2007 - September 2010, Commander, 19th Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
8. September 2010 - May 2011, Deputy Commander, 310th Operations Group, Schriever AFB, Colo.
9. May 2011 - January 2014, Commander, 310th Operations Group Schriever AFB, Colo.
10. January 2014 - September 2016, Deputy Director of Staff, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
11. September 2016 - November 2018, Commander, 310th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colo.
12. November 2018 - present, Mobilization Assistant to the Director of Integrated Air, Space, Cyberspace and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Operations, Peterson AFB, Colo.
SPACE PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
Command Space Badge Space Level 3 Certification
Minuteman III and Global Positioning System
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air and Space Campaign Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with "N" device
Distinguished Graduate, ROTC
Top Performer, Undergraduate Missile Training
Distinguished Graduate, Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute
Outstanding Writer, Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute
Air Force Reserve Command Plans Manager of the Year, 2000
John J. Welch Award for Excellence in Acquisition Management, 2007
GPS World 50+ Leaders to Watch, 2008
Chief of Staff Team Excellence Award, 2011
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Dec. 15, 1990
First Lieutenant Dec. 15, 1992
Captain Dec. 15, 1994
Major April 10, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 18, 2005
Colonel Nov. 1, 2010
Brigadier General Nov. 21, 2019
(Current as of April 2020)