Brig. Gen. Jason Hinds is the Deputy Director of Operations, Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration and the United States Air Forces in Europe and United States Air Forces Africa (USAFE-AFAFRICA A3/10) Air Operations Center Director. In this position, he assists the Director with oversight of the tactical nuclear enterprise, operational planning and execution, combat training and readiness, command and control policy, as well as the 603rd AOC. In addition, he provides direction and guidance to Global Force Management and Air Expeditionary Force requirements for the command.
Brig. Gen. Hinds received his commission from Florida State University in 1996. He was a distinguished graduate of Joint Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training at Vance Air Force Base, Oklahoma in 1997, and a distinguished graduate of F-15 Replacement Training Unit in 1998 at Tyndall AFB, Florida. He has held a variety of flying positions to include 1st Fighter Wing Commander, F-22 Fighter Squadron Commander, F-22 Instructor Pilot and Flight Examiner, F-15C Instructor pilot and Weapons Officer, and Weapons School Instructor. Additionally, he was a Legislative Fellow from 2009-2010 and graduated from the National War College in 2014. Brig. Gen. Hinds served as the Senior Air Force Advisor to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Strategy and Force Development, Office of Under Secretary of Defense for Policy. In his previous assignment, Brig. Gen. Hinds was the Senior Military Assistant to the Under Secretary of the Air Force.
1996 Bachelors of Science, Criminology, Florida State University, Tallahassee
2002 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 USAF Weapons Instructor Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Air Command Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2008 Masters of Business Administration and Management, Trident University, Los Angeles
2010 Air Force Legislative Fellowship, Washington, D.C.
2012 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2014 Masters of National Security Strategy, National War College, Washington, D.C.
1. May 1996ーSeptember 1997, Student, Joint Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance Air Force Base, Okla.
2. December 1997ーJune 1998, Student, F-15C Formal Training Unit, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
3. June 1998ーMay 2001, F-15C Instructor Pilot, 60th Fighter Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
4. May 2001ーDecember 2002, F-15C Instructor Pilot, Academic Instructor, 2nd Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
5. January 2003ーJune 2003, Student, U.S. Air Force F-15C Weapons Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
6. June 2003ーJune 2004, Chief of Weapons and Tactics, 95th Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
7. June 2004ーSeptember 2006, Assistant Director of Operations, Flight Commander, F-15C Instructor Pilot, 433rd Weapons Squadron, U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
8. September 2006ーDecember 2006, Student, F-22 Formal Training Unit, 43rd Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
9. December 2006ーJuly 2009, Assistant Director of Operations, Chief of Wing Weapons and Tactics, F-22 Instructor Pilot, 43rd Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
10. July 2009ーDecember 2010, Air Force Legislative Fellow, Office of Congressman Allen Boyd, Washington, D.C.
11. January 2011ーMarch 2011, Student, F-22 Formal Training Unit, 43rd Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB Fla.
12. April 2011ーJanuary 2012, Director of Operations, 27th Fighter Squadron, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
13. February 2012ーJune 2013, Commander, 94th Fighter Squadron, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
14. July 2013ーJune 2014, Student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
15. July 2014ーApril 2016, Senior Air Force Advisor for Force Development, Office of Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
16. May 2016ーJune 2017, Vice Commander, 57th Wing, Nellis AFB, Nev.
17. June 2017ーJune 2019, Commander, 1st Fighter Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
18. June 2019ーFebruary 2020, Senior Military Assistant to the Under Secretary of the Air Force Headquarters United States Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
19. February 2020ーpresent, Deputy Director of Operations, Strategic Deterrence and Nuclear Integration and AOC Director for USAFE-AFAFRICA, Ramstein AB, Germany
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2014ーApril 2016, Senior Air Force Advisor for Force Development, Office of Under Secretary of Defense for Policy, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., as a colonel
Rating: command pilot
Flying hours: more than 2,200
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, AT-38B, F-22, and F-15C
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with silver oak leaf cluster and bronze oak leaf
Combat Readiness Medal with oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Commander In Chief’s Installation Excellence Award
19th Air Force Air-to-Air Fighter Pilot Instructor of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant April 30, 1996
First Lieutenant April 30, 1998
Captain April 30, 2000
Major March 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2010
Colonel Aug. 1, 2015
Brigadier General Frocked
(Current as of May 2020)