Brig. Gen. Lisa M. Craig is the Deputy Commander of Air Force Recruiting Service, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. The Air Force Recruiting Service comprises more than 2,800 Total Force Airmen and civilians and approximately 1,040 recruiting offices across the U.S. and abroad. AFRS is responsible for all enlisted accessions and a variety of officer accession programs. AFRS also manages all strategic marketing for the U.S. Air Force.
Brig. Gen. Craig was commissioned a second lieutenant upon completing Reserve Officer Training Corps in 1989. She has served in various operational and staff assignments at the unit, major command and Air Staff levels.
Prior to her current position, Brig. Gen. Craig served as Director of Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia and was responsible for the human capital, position, and talent management for nearly 75,000 military and civilian personnel worldwide, serving in all duty statuses. Previously, she directed the Secretary of the Air Force Personnel Council. She has held command positions at the group and squadron level. Brig. Gen. Craig also led the successful Air Force-wide implementation of the Management Internal Control Toolset.
1989 Bachelor of Science, Computer Science and Business, University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, Wash.
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1998 Master of Arts, Human Resource Development, Webster University, Orlando, Fla.
1998 Master of Arts, Management, Webster University, Orlando, Fla.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2012 Excellent Graduate, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2015 Mission Support Commanders Course, Eaker Center, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Senior Officer Legal Orientation, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Mission Generation Course, Eaker Center, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2019 Leading Strategically, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2020 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1. July 1989–September 1992, Operations Management Officer/Squadron Adjutant, 353d Tactical Fighter Squadron, Myrtle Beach Air Force Base, S.C.
2. September 1992–August 1996, Command Post Controller, Wing Executive Officer, Wing Protocol Officer, Special Assistant to the Commander, 56th Fighter Wing/6th Air Base Wing/6th Air Refueling Wing, MacDill AFB, Fla.
3. August 1997–July 2005, Admissions Liaison Officer, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
4. July 2005–August 2006, Executive Officer, 39th Flying Training Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
5. August 2006–May 2009, Operations Officer, 951st Reserve Support Squadron, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
6. May 2009–May 2011, Chief, Force Development Support, Headquarters AFRC Personnel Directorate, Robins AFB, Ga.
7. May 2011–July 2013, Management Internal Control Toolset Field Implementation Manager and Major Command Lead Manager, Headquarters AFRC Inspector General, Robins AFB, Ga.
8. July 2013–October 2014, Commander, 932d Force Support Squadron, Scott AFB, Ill.
9. October 2014–June 2016, Commander, 433d Mission Support Group, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
10. June 2016–July 2017, President, Air Force Discharge Review Board and Air Force Review Board Agency Reserve Advisor, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
11. July 2017–May 2018, Director, Secretary of the Air Force Personnel Council and Air Force Review Board Agency Reserve Advisor, JB Andrews, Md.
12. May 2018–August 2020, Director of Manpower, Personnel and Services, Headquarters AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
13. August 2020–present, Deputy Commander, Air Force Recruiting Service, JB San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with “V” device and oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with three bronze stars
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Longevity Service Medal with gold device
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with two devices
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with bronze star
Kuwait Liberation Medal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Kuwait Liberation Medal, Government of Kuwait
1994 MacDill Air Force Base Woman of the Year
2005, 2006, 2007, 2012 Air Force Chief of Staff Team Excellence Award Finalist
2005, 2007 Air Force Best Practice-ReserveNet Team Member
2007 Distinguished Graduate, Manpower Personnel Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1989
First Lieutenant May 31,1991
Captain May 31,1993
Major Oct. 1, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 1, 2008
Colonel Aug. 15, 2014
Brigadier General Feb. 25, 2021
(Current as of March 2021)